+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts--Barnsley-v-Derby

Interesting fact from Archerfield BBS---

Last Season P 33 Pts 63 GD +23

This Season P 33 Pts 63 GD +23

Last Season Remaining 13 games brought 23 pts to reach total of 86 pts.

This Season ? I think more or less the same will happen. Get those Wembley arrangements sorted.

I think we are coming together at the right time! Beat Wycombe and Bolton and the wagons are definitely rolling towards automatics!!!!
    Confidence is high, we have dented Derby's and Bolton seem to be bottling it a bit, beat them and their confidence will be shot, they also lost Santos for 2 games yesterday so misses our game which is a bonus!
    Tricky games to come at Pompey and Stevenage but we are great away from home!
    Things are not bad ATM.

Last season we had runaway leaders so I’ll just say it’s a funny old game.
    My end of season arrangements already made starting 9th March for a steady 89 days on the Blanca.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 25-02-2024 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Extra line

Could Pompey and Derby be last season's Wendy ?

Pompey have history of bottling it and Derby aren't any better than we are if at all .

The business end of the season is on the horizon .

A strong possibility it is a poorer standard this season after all.

2 pivotal games this month, Pompey and trotters. Win them and we could really be in the automatic promotion shake up

Did anyone else notice Dwight Gayle limping when he walks, he came on limping? Looks like he has some kind of hip issue?
    Didn't look like he had issues running, but walking was weird to see!

Didn’t notice Gayle at all Perky apart from once when he was caught 3 yards offside but that could well be armchair viewing for ya.
    Panic signing springs to mind.

Great performance from the lads yesterday. I was delighted with the performance and character we showed.

Pines looks a colossus doesn't he. He's strong, commanding and uncompromising. Just what we needed. Him and Earl won countless headers and defended stoutly during the ariel bombardment as Derby tested us with several excellent deliveries into our box from set pieces. We stood up to the task barring 2 mistakes from successive corners which led to their opening goal being the only blot defensively.

Williams back in his normal position is huge for us too. I suppose asking this defence to click straight away is optimistic but there's certainly more ability there as opposed to earlier in the season and that gives us a better chance of promotion.

It was great to see the ground almost full and we put on an excellent performance for the supporters. I said that beating Derby would give our players a shot in the arm and more belief, well, it will do so even more so now because we not only played well, we also came from a goal down against the team who, prior to yesterday's game, were 6 points ahead of us and had the best away record in the division. Impressive. Well bloody done boys

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not for me YN driving on the wrong side of the road I'm afraid .
    Ive done it Animal..in Portugal, wasnt as hard as I thought. The worst thing was listening to Mrs Jules panicking lol

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast