+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Park (H) Match Thread

Gallagher has to start ahead of Graham, defence actually looked a bit shaky I thought for spells first half against Raith. Hopefully get a better response to our last defeat to Raith when we followed up with a shocking 0-0 at Hampden against Queens, that was the game I actually lost my confidence/belief in this team. Watt gave one of the laziest worst performances I've seen, and still got picked for the next game. He went out and scored a hattrick to be fair, but just sums up our lack of consistency and ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    JG pre match interview, says Docherty is only doubt.

https://youtu.be/dJv8gRajBKs?si=RDsDDKzzIXdSPwla
    Yeah, Docherty îs the only doubt. Doesn't even mention Anaku any more - is he still on our books?

I also think Goodwin is dwelling far too much on the first goal and his belief that it was offside. It was so marginal and I haven't seen an angle yet that shows definitively that it was or wasn't offside. Fact is, it should have been defended better.

He goes on to talk about opposition players relishing coming to the biggest and best stadium in the league… so Tannadice is bigger and better than Hampden? Ok then.

I usually think that Jim Goodwin speaks very well but not so much in this case.

Imagine if our own players turned up at Tannadice, realised that they are playing at the best ground in the league, with the biggest fan base......and relished the chance that they get to do so...and played like players that deserved to be in such a privileged position....just imagine!
    Home advantage should be exactly that...an advantage! Let the players play Jim....let them play and let them know that every now and again...it's good to work outside of the lines of the training manual! The players should be loving playing at home!

I think the manager's biggest problem (besides the players limitations) is sticking to the same tactics and shape during matches when it isn't working, even the subs are predictable like for like. The last home game against Dunfermline we started positive had a good tempo the first 25 mins, but as has often happened this season, once nothing came of that, the game just petered out with us persisting playing the same thing way. The work the ball out wide for Middleton becomes very predictable, you never see someone drive from the middle of the park and slip someone through, always just goes out wide, lost count of amount of times Watt did that second half when in good position last week.

Fans have to try be patient if things aren't working tomorrow, an edgy Tannadice wont help, but honestly if we are 60 mins in and creating nothing but still changing nothing liike against Dunfermline frustration would be understandable.

we'll be fine once we get GMS back.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Gallagher has to start ahead of Graham, defence actually looked a bit shaky I thought for spells first half against Raith. Hopefully get a better response to our last defeat to Raith when we followed up with a shocking 0-0 at Hampden against Queens, that was the game I actually lost my confidence/belief in this team. Watt gave one of the laziest worst performances I've seen, and still got picked for the next game. He went out and scored a hattrick to be fair, but just sums up our lack of consistency and ability.
    It was a birthday hattrick. Goodwin needs to tell Watt that it’s Watt’s birthday before he goes out onto the field.

Any player can have a "Birthday Day" Usually, not on their birthday.

I would never suggest going against a manager, but.... as a player/s if things you are all being told to do ain't working, should you go for it yirselz, or be satisfied that , you did nout wrong, yi did as yi were telt?

There are plenty times when the Gaffer can do no more than watch during a match.(unless player manager) And there should be times when the players on the park , dig in and try to change a game themselves. Opens up cans of wurmz I know but... would it be that bad?

We are SO predictable, I doubt if the opposition even bather we a tactical board.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Yeah, Docherty îs the only doubt. Doesn't even mention Anaku any more - is he still on our books?

I also think Goodwin is dwelling far too much on the first goal and his belief that it was offside. It was so marginal and I haven't seen an angle yet that shows definitively that it was or wasn't offside. Fact is, it should have been defended better.

He goes on to talk about opposition players relishing coming to the biggest and best stadium in the league… so Tannadice is bigger and better than Hampden? Ok then.

Anaku was mentioned recently by him no need to keep going on about it

It was definitely offside, the still on tv showed that, could see where he was in relation to the defence sir to the 6 yard box

It's obvious what he meant, Hampden with 200 QP fans, hardly going to get teams up for it like when they come to Utd, they play different against us and our fans play into their hands when we don't lead in the first twenty mins, should be right behind them all game, especially on a title race

He does speak well and think he has most of the season, not getting the negativity towards him

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Any player can have a "Birthday Day" Usually, not on their birthday.
    Thon six fingered (unt last week had a Bithday Day make no mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post

I think he was a bit riled by Friday - and rightly so

Let’s hope it shows in a strong performance and 3 points

Time for United to show some fighting spirit and quality

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)