+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Park (H) Match Thread

Queens Park (H) Match Thread

Moving on from our defeat to Raith, we have a chance to maintain our lead at the top of the league.

I would love to say that we need a reaction from the players but instead, I think we will just go missionary position again for the 20th week straight and hope for a different outcome.

1-1 draw, decent possession, solid performance and just not clinical enough in the final third.

Be a tough game as they have tightened up under Davidson and made a couple decent signings and has given Thomas more freedom, dangerous side

However we are better and I fancy us to bounce back, Friday was a good performance and tainted now due to that goal from nowhere, no doubt the players will be as peed off as us at that outcome and some of RR players antics and be up for the title run in

I'll go for a 2-1 home win

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Be a tough game as they have tightened up under Davidson and made a couple decent signings and has given Thomas more freedom, dangerous side

However we are better and I fancy us to bounce back, Friday was a good performance and tainted now due to that goal from nowhere, no doubt the players will be as peed off as us at that outcome and some of RR players antics and be up for the title run in

I'll go for a 2-1 home win
    The post above should serve as a warning to us all and shows the very precarious position the club now finds itself in,the most optimistic United fan on planet earth is expecting a tough game at home to Queens Park and at best a narrow victory with us conceding yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The post above should serve as a warning to us all and shows the very precarious position the club now finds itself in,the most optimistic United fan on planet earth is expecting a tough game at home to Queens Park and at best a narrow victory with us conceding yet again.
    Haud on there's me. 4-0 United with Queens allowed one shot on target.

I won't be surprised if we lose this one tbh. They're one of the few good footballing sides in the division but have suffered from an inability to defend. Davidson has tightened that up and they're on a bit of a run. We'll most likely plod through the 90mins, one-paced as usual. As always, an early goal is crucial.

This is a crucial game (aren't they all) as we look to recover from a damaging defeat in Kirkcaldy. GUNBOAT used the word "precarious" and that's exactly the word I was thinking of. It is a precarious time for us. If we don't take 3 points on Saturday and Raith do, they will go top of the league and I don't fancy our chances of over taking them for a second time - not with our recent form, inability to create chances and score goals. Plus, we still have 2 trips to Cappielow to come.

It would be great to batter Queens Park and put down a marker for the run in. Could really do with Kai getting back among the goals. Holt hasn't scored for a while, by his standards. Really need to go for this game like we did against Partick at Tannadice.

OK Im going to say it.

Performances and results have been so far from acceptable that we are now due a performance and some goals.

We are in a poor division and still huff and puff.

We are due a good 7-0 win, and some happy vibes.

Davidson will have a far more defensive setup than QP previous visit, the very thing we have struggled against at Tannadice this season. We need to show a bit more creativity in breaking down defences or we will be looking at more dropped points at home.

Get the midfielders to take the occasional shot, try driving into the box to win penalties, use your height and attack corners, move the ball quickly
    ......as well as try and pass your way into the goal. Mix it up a bit! Let the players play!

They were the most defensive team we've played this season when we played them at Hampden just before Chrimbo so I'm not getting the Davidson has tightened up their rearguard stuff or even the fact they are a decent footballing side🤔 They were negative punt the ball stuff in that game and not much better at Tannadice.

3-0

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)