+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Park (H) Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    A win is a win but so many misplaced passes, so many bad decisions on the ball made it a frustrating watch.

As bad as I've seen us in ages yet we won the game, that's football for you

We couldn't pass to save ourselves today, especially first half, under hit, over hit, inaccurate

McMann, Tillson and Moult were all terrible, weirdly the latter two had us in front, great free kick from Moult to be fair, tillson couldn't miss after good header from Holt and a volley into ground from Watt, right place but awful on ball

We looked way more vulnerable at the back with Thomson at right back, nothing against him but not his best position and playing with danger repeating that again, we got away with it today

Fair play to a Middleton getting the goal, was a good break, started by Sibbald (the only player who was actually better today than they were last week)

Back to a more familiar line up on Tuesday please, that was an really poor performance and won't get away with the 3 pts repeating it, last week was way better

Credit though for the win, that's all we can do

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    As bad as I've seen us in ages yet we won the game, that's football for you

We couldn't pass to save ourselves today, especially first half, under hit, over hit, inaccurate

McMann, Tillson and Moult were all terrible, weirdly the latter two had us in front, great free kick from Moult to be fair, tillson couldn't miss after good header from Holt and a volley into ground from Watt, right place but awful on ball

We looked way more vulnerable at the back with Thomson at right back, nothing against him but not his best position and playing with danger repeating that again, we got away with it today

Fair play to a Middleton getting the goal, was a good break, started by Sibbald (the only player who was actually better today than they were last week)

Back to a more familiar line up on Tuesday please, that was an really poor performance and won't get away with the 3 pts repeating it, last week was way better

Credit though for the win, that's all we can do
    We agree! 🙈 Seen posts elsewhere praising Thomson but I thought he looked vulnerable defensively with just Cudjoe in front of him. So did QP, they worked that side as much as they could.

That was Goodwin trying to make Scotch Broth without the ingredients. Just chuck more random ingredients in and hope it tastes a bit more like Scotch Broth 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    Good result. Who took the corners from the 9th minute until the 62nd minute?
    Thomson.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Thomson.
    Big improvement 👍

Left with a weird deflated feeling despite the win. Thought we were pedestrian, one dimensional, lacking any sort of quality anywhere on the park. Only creative spark came from Cudjoe who for some inexplicable reason was subbied. Whole team off it as far as I could see.

However before the game I did say that I expected more 2-0, 3-0 results for us throughout the season. Never happy eh?!

On a couple of occasions we did manage to break out from the back following a turnover in play and just that burst of speed created some good openings. Why not do this more often! Our play is so dull!

For each misplaced pass I just thought FFS I payed money to watch these clowns! Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamoftangerine View Post
    Left with a weird deflated feeling despite the win. Thought we were pedestrian, one dimensional, lacking any sort of quality anywhere on the park. Only creative spark came from Cudjoe who for some inexplicable reason was subbied. Whole team off it as far as I could see.

However before the game I did say that I expected more 2-0, 3-0 results for us throughout the season. Never happy eh?!

On a couple of occasions we did manage to break out from the back following a turnover in play and just that burst of speed created some good openings. Why not do this more often! Our play is so dull!

For each misplaced pass I just thought FFS I payed money to watch these clowns! Brutal.
    Agree.
    Also agree when we counter attack with speed and direct forward passes we look so much better. Even if Watt usually makes the wrong choice although tbf he's not the only culprit.

Squad selection was a head scratcher today.

Thought we did ok in spells but the majority of our play breaks down to easily through poor decision making, inability to move ball quick enough and sheer indecisiveness.

Don’t get the praise that ive seen Thomson get else where. Including from JG. Thought we were vulnerable down the left. Not sure what his remit was. To many times caught out too far up the pitch. Cudjoe had to over lap him on a number of occasions to help out defensively.

Can only think that Cudjoe being subbied was maybe down to JG saving him for Tuesday. Overall another game that we made more difficult than it had to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    They were the most defensive team we've played this season when we played them at Hampden just before Chrimbo so I'm not getting the Davidson has tightened up their rearguard stuff or even the fact they are a decent footballing side🤔 They were negative punt the ball stuff in that game and not much better at Tannadice.

3-0
    If it wasn't for the Birighittiesque flogger from our usually sound goalie then my scoreline would be correct.

Queens Park do not play good football and are not as defensively better than the last time we played them.......FACT😎

DUNDEE UNITED.3.QUEENS PARK.1.End off. 3 p0ints.

Not sure I understand the absolute downer folk are on after today. We played in spells for sure, but overall the patterns of play we were attempting were far superior than recently. Was a lot more guile on show, albeit it didn't always come off.

Thought Tilson struggled but at least he never hides. Just a limited footballer. Thought McMann was solid to be honest, surprised to see the criticism. Miller Thomson did himself proud. Had some difficult times as you would expect, but thought he was composed, drove forward well and his delivery from set pieces excellent.

My overriding question today is however when we will see Moult play well again? Free kick aside, he was very poor again today

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)