+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Park (H) Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    They were the most defensive team we've played this season when we played them at Hampden just before Chrimbo so I'm not getting the Davidson has tightened up their rearguard stuff or even the fact they are a decent footballing side🤔 They were negative punt the ball stuff in that game and not much better at Tannadice.

3-0
    They played a ridiculously high line at hampden and were 4 at the back, now they will be deeper and have 5 at the back

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    They were the most defensive team we've played this season when we played them at Hampden just before Chrimbo so I'm not getting the Davidson has tightened up their rearguard stuff or even the fact they are a decent footballing side🤔 They were negative punt the ball stuff in that game and not much better at Tannadice.

3-0
    3 goals conceded & 3 clean sheets in the 5 games since Davidson took over.

7 goals conceded & 1 clean sheet (vs us) in the 5 games previous.

It's fairly obvious going by that stat.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Be a tough game as they have tightened up under Davidson and made a couple decent signings and has given Thomas more freedom, dangerous side
    Hahahaha🙈🙈🙈💙

Will be interesting to see if Docherty is mentioned in Goodwin's pre match preview tomorrow 😎

I’d like to see something new in terms of formation on Saturday. 4-3-3

Walton

Gallagher Holt Graham

Kai Tilson Docherty Middleton

Grieve Moult Spoony

It will never happen but would be nice to see the side freshened up a bit

I know Glass has been frozen out but I also think he can still do a job - he was decent in the early part of the season when we were winning matches

His last home sub appearance was poor and that seems to have been last straw for JG

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I’d like to see something new in terms of formation on Saturday. 4-3-3

Walton

Gallagher Holt Graham

Kai Tilson Docherty Middleton

Grieve Moult Spoony

It will never happen but would be nice to see the side freshened up a bit

I know Glass has been frozen out but I also think he can still do a job - he was decent in the early part of the season when we were winning matches

His last home sub appearance was poor and that seems to have been last straw for JG
    Sibbald and McCann before Tilson or Grieve/Wotherspoon, we need players who can put in a proper shift. Middletons only there because we’re lacking proper wide players

JG pre match interview, says Docherty is only doubt.

https://youtu.be/dJv8gRajBKs?si=RDsDDKzzIXdSPwla

Same starting xi, just be more clinical, we were the better side on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Same starting xi, just be more clinical, we were the better side on Friday
    I agree with the sentiment but I'd have Gallagher starting if he's available.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I agree with the sentiment but I'd have Gallagher starting if he's available.
    Agree. Big Ross has done well the last few weeks and we now know he can do a job when required but Gallagher is better. Play the best players.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)