+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gayle is a Ram!!

Gayle is a Ram!!

So Dwight Gayle has officially joined the club, lets hope he proves as inspirational as McGoldrick was.

Hope so. Hes got a contract to play for so lots of incentive for him

Interested as to how this might affect tactics and formation as Gayle likes to run off the shoulder of defenders and on to passes. As he's a massive 5'9" no way will the tactics be going down the outside and putting in lots of crosses. Might we see more of the inverted winger and maybe even try playing through the middle now and again? We shall see. Whatever the formation I wish him well and lots of goals.

"no way will the tactics be going down the outside and putting in lots of crosses."

Don't bet on it ☹️

Having now seen him in his 3 appearances thus far, am I the only one to notice that he runs OK but, when he's walking, appears to have a limp. One leg shorter than the other maybe?

Observations?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Having now seen him in his 3 appearances thus far, am I the only one to notice that he runs OK but, when he's walking, appears to have a limp. One leg shorter than the other maybe?

Observations?
    He does seem to have an odd gait when walking. No idea why.

Observations?
    I noticed that in the last game, I assumed he was carrying an injury

I also observed that Eric Steele repeatedly referred to him as ‘Howard’ which would make the retention issue more clear cut, HG is 65

Is it a bit premature to suggest the song for DG might be the chorus from All Dwight Now by Free?

All Dwight now baby, it's all Dwight now
    Derby, Derby, Derby it's all Dwight, Dwight Dwight, Dwight

Is it a bit premature to suggest the song for DG might be the chorus from All Dwight Now by Free?

Derby, Derby, Derby it's all Dwight, Dwight Dwight, Dwight
    Realy Free man!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)