+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- tonight’s games

O/T:- tonight’s games

Wimbledon v Crawley
    Gillingham v Stockport
    MK Dons v Wrexham
    Walsall v Morecambe

Lots of teams playing tonight that are in and around us. Looking at the table I’m not sure how I would like these games to go.
    If Crawley win at Wimbledon that brings them with in a couple of points of play offs. Same with Walsall.
    Think my preferred results are draw at Proper Wimbledon, Stockport win, Wrexham win at the fakes and a draw at Walsall.
    What are people’s thoughts?

Our next 2 home games are massive… could do with 6 points. As the heat is on all clubs from 5th down to 16th for the playoffs.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-02-2024 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Wimbledon v Crawley
    Gillingham v Stockport
    MK Dons v Wrexham
    Walsall v Morecambe

Lots of teams playing tonight that are in and around us. Looking at the table I’m not sure how I would like these games to go.
    If Crawley win at Wimbledon that brings them with in a couple of points of play offs. Same with Walsall.
    Think my preferred results are draw at Proper Wimbledon, Stockport win, Wrexham win at the fakes and a draw at Walsall.
    What are people’s thoughts?

Our next 2 home games are massive… could do with 6 points. As the heat is on all clubs from 5th down to 16th for the playoffs.
    If we keep our current form up, we'll be nowhere near the playoffs come the end of the season. We need to worry about our own results, starting with a win on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    If we keep our current form up, we'll be nowhere near the playoffs come the end of the season. We need to worry about our own results, starting with a win on Saturday.
    I don’t disagree. However, League 2 is such that teams aren’t running away with it. Gillingham aside, performance levels are good enough to have picked up more points than we have under SM. I agree that 3 points Saturday is a must, then follow that up with a win v Sutton.

That would be the idea results but we're there are so many teams within a couple of points of the play off we're now at the stage were we HAVE to win on Saturday to stay in the running. Our form has been dreadful for the past 10 games and I'm struggling to see how that's going to change. I love our possession game but sometimes it needs a good old get it in the box tactic. Hopefully Jatta can provide that.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    That would be the idea results but we're there are so many teams within a couple of points of the play off we're now at the stage were we HAVE to win on Saturday to stay in the running. Our form has been dreadful for the past 10 games and I'm struggling to see how that's going to change. I love our possession game but sometimes it needs a good old get it in the box tactic. Hopefully Jatta can provide that.
    I think we've had a tough run with some slightly unlucky results. We did enough to get a result at Mansfield, Stockport, and Wrexham, for example, but came away with zero points and zero goals. If we can play like we did at Newport, we have a chance of sneaking in the playoffs, but it's competitive and close that a half the teams in the league will be thinking they can make the playoffs too.

We need a good run of results, starting Saturday.

I think we've had a tough run with some slightly unlucky results. We did enough to get a result at Mansfield, Stockport, and Wrexham, for example, but came away with zero points and zero goals. If we can play like we did at Newport, we have a chance of sneaking in the playoffs, but it's competitive and close that a half the teams in the league will be thinking they can make the playoffs too.

Thing is we have a good result but hardly ever follow it up with another. Wrexham was an example of that, a mate of mine is a Wrexham fan and said we need to get the ball into their box more at the end but we were passing around waiting for that perfect pass. I know exactly what he means, so many games have passed us by like that. I'm hoping SM can give the players some free rein to rather than be stuck in LW "actions" all the time.

When Stockport, Mansfield and Wrexham decided enough was enough and closed shop in each of those games how many decent chances did we have? Top end L2 managers are watching and have learnt that with a disciplined but not flashy defensive approach they can fairly easily beat us. Not in a flashy way but its effective. Our results against top end are very bad and consistently so. Hope we can solve that conundrums with Jatta.

Sadly I think tonight's results whatever combination they go in will leave us in a worse position. It's possible we'll be 11th which is lower than we've been since August. Whatever happens tonight we MUST win Saturday AND next Tuesday.

I'd definitely want Wimbledon to lose. I think they and MKD are spurring each other on. Sadly MKD are probably just too strong and it's almost a given they will take one of the play off places. Of those two, Wimbledon are much more likely to miss out and as far as Notts are concerned, we need that happen. I'd take them losing over the next few weeks and all of the other results going against us if that went hand in hand with us winning as well. Notts really ought to be able to do better than Harrogate or Morecambe for the remainder of the season whilst Gillingham have been consistently inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Thing is we have a good result but hardly ever follow it up with another. Wrexham was an example of that, a mate of mine is a Wrexham fan and said we need to get the ball into their box more at the end but we were passing around waiting for that perfect pass. I know exactly what he means, so many games have passed us by like that. I'm hoping SM can give the players some free rein to rather than be stuck in LW "actions" all the time.
    Well ive seen this mentioned loads the problem is we dont have the height to compete and chances are its going to be us giving the ball away and getting countered.

SM plays the game in a same style as IB/LW it might have different tweaks to it but its why he got the job he plays a style we want.

We'll have a good understanding of where we are after the next 3 games.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast