+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- tonight’s games

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I know it's a results business and people will say we got nothing from Stockport, Wrexham or Mansfield away which is true but I think it's important to also look at the performances in those games to gauge how far we are actually behind those sides.

For me we competed in all three games, we created more than enough chances to score ourselves and as you say had the ball over the line in two of those three away games and were not out played by either of those teams. It was at the point of being fine margins which we have to try and take the positives going forward in the remaining 14 games.

After tonight I think 7th place is up for grabs for whichever team goes on a run now in the business end of the season from 7th down to Walsall in 16th place. It's unbelievably tight with only three points separating 7th and 16th.

As the old saying goes it is in our hands as we have key games against those around us in our remaining games and four games in a row coming up against playoff hopefuls Bradford, Wimbledon, Crawley and Accrington. Then after Easter we have another batch of four games against playoff/promotion chasers MK Dons, Harrogate, Walsall and Stockport.
    I keep reading that we scored against Mansfield, by which I assume people are referring to the Flint “own goal”? The view from the footage in the highlights is rubbish, but has anyone seen a better angle that proves it was over the line? Not that it actually matters now, just curious.

I can't remember a league being as tight as this one. Notts are a point off the playoffs yet the team in 16th place are only 2 points behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I keep reading that we scored against Mansfield, by which I assume people are referring to the Flint “own goal”? The view from the footage in the highlights is rubbish, but has anyone seen a better angle that proves it was over the line? Not that it actually matters now, just curious.
    I haven't seen one, but I've seen multiple Stags fans say it was over the line on their forum, and they are the least likely group of fans to be gracious towards us on this kind of thing.

Why can’t clubs in the EFL have goal line technology? It’s not VAR but assistance for refs. I have no idea whether we should have had a goal or whether Fake Dons should have had one last night (the angle seen shows the ball past the post but not the whole ball is visible). The tech is available and should be in place across the EFL and subsidised by the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Why can’t clubs in the EFL have goal line technology? It’s not VAR but assistance for refs. I have no idea whether we should have had a goal or whether Fake Dons should have had one last night (the angle seen shows the ball past the post but not the whole ball is visible). The tech is available and should be in place across the EFL and subsidised by the Prem.
    I saw that Clough was demanding goal line tech after they felt they’d been denied a goal in the loss against Walsall. He never said a word on it after our game at their place.

Tbf it’s tough on linesmen, he’s obviously watching in line for offside when MK swing it in and then it’s near impossible to get in line with the ball with a post in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I haven't seen one, but I've seen multiple Stags fans say it was over the line on their forum, and they are the least likely group of fans to be gracious towards us on this kind of thing.
    You don't think they were just rubbing our noses in it then?? Come on this Mansfailed supporters, they're most obnoxious fans around

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    You don't think they were just rubbing our noses in it then?? Come on this Mansfailed supporters, they're most obnoxious fans around
    No, I honestly think they'd rather win the game fairly and would have been more likely to say it hadn't crossed the line if it were marginal. This was on their message board too, and I don't think any Notts fans post on there. It was a goal by all (or most) accounts.

There is certainly still plenty of points to play for and the form team over the last 5 games is Newport. Who we beat comfortably away from home. No one else has picked up as many points as them in the last 5 games.

We have only one more game against the current top crop.

We need to put a run together and then who knows. Something we haven’t been able to do since losing Matty Palmer however.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    There is certainly still plenty of points to play for and the form team over the last 5 games is Newport. Who we beat comfortably away from home. No one else has picked up as many points as them in the last 5 games.

We have only one more game against the current top crop.

We need to put a run together and then who knows. Something we haven’t been able to do since losing Matty Palmer however.
    We have...

Crewe
    Wimbledon
    MK Dons
    Stockport
    Harrogate

All are above us at the moment

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast