+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: O/T:- tonight’s games

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    Not sure MK are too strong. They tried to knock it around like you do but we high pressed and they were easily found wanting with many mistakes. We gave you far more respect on Saturday and rightly so. MK are nothing special believe me. What a soulless stadium and fanbase they have as well. The one club I hope burn and die.

We should've won last night and would have if Boyle hadn't have got himself sent off.

Lewington should have been sent off for a blatant stamp on Cannon's stomach which everyone could clearly see so that apparent bias we get didn't work there.
    Its just nonsense this talk of a conspiracy and the like, I'm cringing for anyone who brings that guff up. Mullin and Palmer get beaten up most games and they get nothing. The publicity hinders us in this respect and does not help in anyway. Refs come the our ground and go too far in making it clear they have no bias towards us. i don't know why they would anyway. I think its just that League two officials are horrendous in the main.

Replays show they should have been awarded that goal but in real time its not as obvious although in saying that I'd be livid if that was against us.
    The Ref was waaay out of his depth and it showed all game. We should've had a penalty too.

Onto Gillingham, we get a result there and we've had a good couple of weeks.
    Of course there's no grand conspiracy, and you are right that it's entirely down to the abysmal quality of referees at this level. That said, you have had some big decisions go your way these last few games. Generally speaking, these things tend to even themselves out over the course of a season, but with so much at stake and so little between teams, it's possible for poor decisions to have a tangible impact on clubs' destinies.

Thing is, we're all so biased and blinkered that we only remember the injustices committed against our clubs but not those ones we benefitted from. Most of us are still haunted by what happened against Coventry in the playoffs a few years ago, which was so bad that it felt surreal. Over the course of two legs, the were given a penalty for literally nothing, one of our goals was disallowed despite our striker being at least a yard onside, and two of their goals were offside but given. And that's not just opinion - replays are as clear as day.

I suppose all of this is preferable to VAR though.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 21-02-2024 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Of course there's no grand conspiracy, and you are right that it's entirely down to the abysmal quality of referees at this level. That said, you have had some big decisions go your way these last few games. Generally speaking, these things tend to even themselves out over the course of a season, but with so much at stake and so little between teams, it's possible for poor decisions to have a tangible impact on clubs' destinies.

Thing is, we're all so biased and blinkered that we only remember the injustices committed against our clubs but not those ones we benefitted from. Most of us are still haunted by what happened against Coventry in the playoffs a few years ago, which was so bad that it felt surreal. Over the course of two legs, the were given a penalty for literally nothing, one of our goals was disallowed despite our striker being at least a yard onside, and two of their goals were offside but given. And that's not just opinion - replays are as clear as day.

I suppose all of this is preferable to VAR though.
    Totally agree - I'd rather put up with the odd injustice than VAR. 95% of the time if your team turns up and plays better than the opponent then you'll win regardless of the ref.

I have a mate who is a season ticket holder at Liverpool and is seriously considering giving it up just because of VAR. Its killed the enjoyment completely he reckons.

We might have had a few recently but it wasn't that log ago that it seemed like we were getting nothing. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Sounds like I need to watch the highlights of your game against Coventry!

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    Totally agree - I'd rather put up with the odd injustice than VAR. 95% of the time if your team turns up and plays better than the opponent then you'll win regardless of the ref.

I have a mate who is a season ticket holder at Liverpool and is seriously considering giving it up just because of VAR. Its killed the enjoyment completely he reckons.

We might have had a few recently but it wasn't that log ago that it seemed like we were getting nothing. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Sounds like I need to watch the highlights of your game against Coventry!
    Yeah, VAR is one of the many reasons that lower-leagues football is better than Prem football. Controversy is part of the game, and everyone loves a bit of righteous indignation. Poor decisions also get crowds fired up - I swear we're louder when the ref is crap than when we're playing well.

Oh and none of the highlights videos on YouTube show the disallowed goal. The first leg ones don't show a replay of the penalty decision, and the only angle they show isn't very helpful.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 21-02-2024 at 02:33 PM.

I agree with the majority of that except for the yard onside bit. He was onside but it was close but it would have given us the equaliser and we would probably have gone onto win that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    We are a 25/1 chance to make the top 3, but a more encouraging 6/5 (45.5% probability) to make the playoffs:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...e-the-playoffs
    I kinda like the 25/1 shout... we pulled a rabbit out of the hat in the munto season when we went on a brilliant run, with this squad we could possibly do it again, fingers crossed 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    I kinda like the 25/1 shout... we pulled a rabbit out of the hat in the munto season when we went on a brilliant run, with this squad we could possibly do it again, fingers crossed ��
    And that was after changing the manager that knew how to make them work. Hopefully SM can do the same this season.

Bradfords pitch is horrific… Notts will need a plan C and D

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567