+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Putin,madman or Bond villain?

Putin,madman or Bond villain?

A rare delve into politics for me today but after the suspicious death of Alexi Navalny last week and the plane crash of Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin last year comes the news that Russian helicopter pilot Maxim Kuzminer who had defected to the Ukraine in his copter during the war has been found shot dead in Spain,if you upset Putin then there’s no place to hide so how long will he stay in power as I can’t see anyone stupid/brave enough to challenge his power,he could be a classic Bond villain if it was a 007 movie but is he mad or bad?

I don’t think it’s an ‘either or’ type of question Chalky, He’s obviously both. He’s an example of the old maxim; power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I see that the Islamic State has admitted responsibility for the attack on the Russian night club last night,what I don’t understand is why did IS attack Russia in the first place?
    Putin states that they’ve captured all eleven suspects in the attack but it’s unlikely to be a love rogue group who carried it out so what will the repercussions be because Putin isn’t the type of person to forget about it

Russia is not “hated” by the Islamic State only the “west” predominantly the USA.

Conspiracy theories unite, this seems like a warning or payback for something to me. Russia supplied them with weapons in Afghanistan like most other countries fighting NATO alliance countries. His war in the Ukraine is still at a stalemate & consuming ammunition / missiles etc an alarming rate for them & they are embargoed on a lot of raw materials. Travel in & out of Russia is limited for most western countries & border controls will be high due to Putins insecurity. Let’s not for get the high number of more than suspicious “suicides” of Gazprom execs etc as well… “he took his own life” after killing his family… police reported he had shot himself in the head twice… really…

No… this was not Isis..

Could be the old'false flag' thing and all that goes with it in thy favour of course and if the people beleive it mission completed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)