+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Two blocks of shares issued by Dundee Football Club Limited

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The following are my thoughts on the reason for the two large blocks of shares being issued on 9th February 2024.:
    1. I am surprised that Gordon Strachan was happy to take shares in lieu of cash especially as the shares have effectively no value.
    Dundee Football Club Limited despite what some supporters think does not own the Dens Park Stadium.
    For those of you who have not read the Dundee Football Club Limited Fling History on the Companies House website share transactions whether existing shareholders purchasing new shares or Debt for Equity share transactions since June 2011 new 1p shares have been issued at 1.35p each.
    2. The repayment of the £51,377.17 to Football Partners Scotland LLP (FPS) in a debt for equity share transaction on 9th February 2024 was announced six days after it was reported on the Dundee Football Club X (formerly called Twitter) site on 3rd February 2024 that the Two Brian’s had left the employment of Dundee Football Club.
    I reckon that FPS paid the redundancy payments to the Two Brian’s and the repayment of their £51,377.17 outlay has been made by giving FPS 3,805,716 new shares at 1.35p each in exchange for their outlay.
    This is the first time I have ever seen FPS hand over funds during the middle of the financial year and receive an immediate debt for equity share transaction to repay their financial outlay.
    To date a debt for equity share transaction has taken often taken place after the annual accounts are announced which this year will be by 29th May 2024 in exchange for FPS writing off a similar amount of loans to Dundee Football Club Limited.
    There has been an exception to this. On 8th February 2020 a large debt for equity share transaction took place.
    Lindsay Darroch the Dundee Football Club Limited Company Secretary forgot to notify Companies House about this share transaction which was not notified until 7th January 2021 thanks to the Dee4life auditors highlighting this problem when they were calculating Dee4Life’s % shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited shares for publication in the Dee4life annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2020. See the enclosed filing history for details.
    Finally. It has been well documented on the various Dundee FC supporters forums that FPS need to own 75% of the shares for American tax laws benefits.
    Therefore for every new share issued to a minority shareholder FPS must purchase three new shares to maintain their 75% majority.
    Gordon Strachan being issued 14,222,222 new shares in Dundee Football Club Limited means that FPS have to purchase 42,666,666 new shares to maintain their 75% majority shareholding.
    Despite receiving 3,805,716 shares for the repayment of the £51,377.17 due to them has resulted in FPS no longer holding their 75% majority shareholding.
    I would not be surprised if this is part of the exit strategy for FPS ( Tim Keyes) with FPS selling 29.99% of their shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited to the owner of Burnley Football Club with the remainder of FPS’s shareholding being sold to other interested parties.
    Meanwhile John Nelms will be left to go it alone with his new stadium development at the Camperdown Leisure Park.
    I could be wrong, but you asked me for my thoughts and I reckon I have given you something to chew on.
    Cheers Islay.

Some may say 2 plus 2 equals 5 but not me....I asked and I received.

Laid it out your thoughts/conclusions in very easily understood terms as well.

The following are my thoughts on the reason for the two large blocks of shares being issued on 9th February 2024.:
    1. I am surprised that Gordon Strachan was happy to take shares in lieu of cash especially as the shares have effectively no value.
    Dundee Football Club Limited despite what some supporters think does not own the Dens Park Stadium.
    For those of you who have not read the Dundee Football Club Limited Fling History on the Companies House website share transactions whether existing shareholders purchasing new shares or Debt for Equity share transactions since June 2011 new 1p shares have been issued at 1.35p each.
    2. The repayment of the £51,377.17 to Football Partners Scotland LLP (FPS) in a debt for equity share transaction on 9th February 2024 was announced six days after it was reported on the Dundee Football Club X (formerly called Twitter) site on 3rd February 2024 that the Two Brian’s had left the employment of Dundee Football Club.
    I reckon that FPS paid the redundancy payments to the Two Brian’s and the repayment of their £51,377.17 outlay has been made by giving FPS 3,805,716 new shares at 1.35p each in exchange for their outlay.
    This is the first time I have ever seen FPS hand over funds during the middle of the financial year and receive an immediate debt for equity share transaction to repay their financial outlay.
    To date a debt for equity share transaction has taken often taken place after the annual accounts are announced which this year will be by 29th May 2024 in exchange for FPS writing off a similar amount of loans to Dundee Football Club Limited.
    There has been an exception to this. On 8th February 2020 a large debt for equity share transaction took place.
    Lindsay Darroch the Dundee Football Club Limited Company Secretary forgot to notify Companies House about this share transaction which was not notified until 7th January 2021 thanks to the Dee4life auditors highlighting this problem when they were calculating Dee4Life’s % shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited shares for publication in the Dee4life annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2020. See the enclosed filing history for details.
    Finally. It has been well documented on the various Dundee FC supporters forums that FPS need to own 75% of the shares for American tax laws benefits.
    Therefore for every new share issued to a minority shareholder FPS must purchase three new shares to maintain their 75% majority.
    Gordon Strachan being issued 14,222,222 new shares in Dundee Football Club Limited means that FPS have to purchase 42,666,666 new shares to maintain their 75% majority shareholding.
    Despite receiving 3,805,716 shares for the repayment of the £51,377.17 due to them has resulted in FPS no longer holding their 75% majority shareholding.
    I would not be surprised if this is part of the exit strategy for FPS ( Tim Keyes) with FPS selling 29.99% of their shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited to the owner of Burnley Football Club with the remainder of FPS’s shareholding being sold to other interested parties.
    Meanwhile John Nelms will be left to go it alone with his new stadium development at the Camperdown Leisure Park.
    I could be wrong, but you asked me for my thoughts and I reckon I have given you something to chew on.
    As predicted - paranoid ramblings.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Could you show the total issued share capital and how much is held by FPS?
    According to the enclosed Filing History the total issued share capital is £3,337,940.53.
    The number of shares held by Football Partners Scotland LLP (FPS) is 236,796762 plus new shares 3,805,716 shares issued on 9th February 2024 which equates to 240,602,748 shares at 1p each. This results in them owning £2,406,027.48 shares out of an issue share capital of £3,337,940.53.
    According to my calculations 75% of 3,337,940 is £2,503,455. (I have ignored the pence in my calculations as they will make little difference to total).

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Cheers Islay.

Some may say 2 plus 2 equals 5 but not me....I asked and I received.

Laid it out your thoughts/conclusions in very easily understood terms as well.
    No problem.
    I am happy to provide this information even if Deeranged is not impressed.

No problem.
    I am happy to provide this information even if Deeranged is not impressed.
    Lol, I think you will struggle to impress Deeranged.

But I understood what you were getting at.

I do like people taking an interest in the "finances"........whether you are right, wrong or somewhere in between I have absolutely no idea.

Curious thing for me is WGS being paid in shares.

I do like people taking an interest in the "finances"........whether you are right, wrong or somewhere in between I have absolutely no idea.

The Aberdeen and St Johnstone games being cancelled at short notice may have hit the Club’s cash flow as they would have to refund tickets for people unable to attend the rearranged games.
    I am not a tax expert but there might be a tax benefit taking shares in lieu of cash for his consultancy fee.

We our track record we shouldn't mock anyone from taking an interest in the finances of the club.
    The problem starts when it's a biased personal view trying to discredit the owners.
    As jdfc says the fitba is decent just now but the personal stuff still comes out.
    A wee question for Islay,do you want the club to thrive or fail under nelms?

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    We our track record we shouldn't mock anyone from taking an interest in the finances of the club.
    The problem starts when it's a biased personal view trying to discredit the owners.
    As jdfc says the fitba is decent just now but the personal stuff still comes out.
    A wee question for Islay,do you want the club to thrive or fail under nelms?
    Fitba was going great under Marrs and Melville before kaboooom.

Fitba was going great under Marrs and Melville before kaboooom.
    Good point, Genuine question, i know from your posts that you have no time for Nelms...Do you think FPS would leave us up s..t creek without a paddle if the new stadium etc does not come to fruition?

Quote Originally Posted by Dens Park Dynamo View Post
    Good point, Genuine question, i know from your posts that you have no time for Nelms...Do you think FPS would leave us up s..t creek without a paddle if the new stadium etc does not come to fruition?
    They can’t leave us with more that £35k debt

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)