+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Barnsley v Rams 24/2/2024

Matchday Thread: Barnsley v Rams 24/2/2024

I had been looking forward to watching us garner 3 more points at Barnsley, on the occasion of my 70th birthday, to aid our promotion drive. In fact I was convinced that we'd win up there as our away form is top class, as is theirs, and their home form is less so, as is ours. Nailed on I thought... until I saw this...

Barnsley v Derby County (15:00)
    ROBERT Chuffin' MADLEY
    Matthew Smith and Carl Fitch-Jackson
    Fourth Official : Paul Marsden

Put yer tenner on a Barnsley win, we're doomed!!

Bobby Madeley really?

Could be a 'ruff' game for us. Or am I 'barking' up the wrong tree.

Our resident Barnsley fan hasn't been on lately, he told us they never get penalties compared with big old Derby but we have had exactly the same number this season as them.

I'm going for a 2 nil win though.

We're at that point in the season where we need to feel that we can take points from every game, if we are to be promoted. Therefore: 2-1 Rams.

Seem to remember, on much the same weekend last season, we came horribly unstuck with a heavy defeat at Oakwell reinforcing the fact that the rot had well and truly set in.
    Doubt there’ll be a repeat but, on the basis of having feared 2-1 defeats against Exeter and Stevenage and ending up with six points, I’ll go for another 2-1 defeat while secretly hoping for a Saundersesque debut from Gayle taking us to a 3-1 victory.
    In other words…it’s Derby…who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Seem to remember, on much the same weekend last season, we came horribly unstuck with a heavy defeat at Oakwell reinforcing the fact that the rot had well and truly set in.
    Doubt there’ll be a repeat but, on the basis of having feared 2-1 defeats against Exeter and Stevenage and ending up with six points, I’ll go for another 2-1 defeat while secretly hoping for a Saundersesque debut from Gayle taking us to a 3-1 victory.
    In other words…it’s Derby…who knows?
    Let’s hope it’s not Bigginsesque, the worst debut I’ve ever seen

Madeley....... we're doomed, aye we're doomed!
    2-0 defeat😩

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Let’s hope it’s not Bigginsesque, the worst debut I’ve ever seen
    Didn't he score on debut?

Bit quiet on here🙄

All too predictable I’m afraid…flattered to deceive…again. Still second though…back on the horse again next week and hopefully we can avoid the feelings of déjè vu.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Bit quiet on here🙄
    Not really angry about it, just the way it goes. We're in a great position, could have been better, but no complaints from me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)