+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matchday Thread: Barnsley v Rams 24/2/2024

Didn't see it but sounds like we weren't good. 6 points in the next 2 please

I always worry when I see us playing3 at the back, yet if one looks at the results lately we have done Ok playing that even if its not pretty. Its unrealistic to expect us not to lose the odd game and with the exception of Pompey, results are mixed for all clubs around us, so here's hoping we get 3 pts in the next game.

Watched the game on RamsTV as per... I have to say it was a thoroughly enjoyable game to watch. Both sides looking to play attacking football, both defences playing well enough to allow only 16 shots the whole game, 6 for them, 10 for us. Both sides had 4 on target and they enjoyed 58% possession.

I was happy to see Bobby Madley had been replaced as the ref to avoid any semblance of bias. His replacement did well. Not a perfect display but he was even handed with what he let go.

Towering header from Bradley for the 0-1. Good goal line header to prevent Cash getting our 2nd. Header away from Cash then fell to Phillips 20 odd yards out and nobody on him, easy chance put away well giving JW no chance. Same player headed home their 2nd. A game either side might have won, they did, IMO a draw would have been the right result. Results elsewhere didn't "punish" our loss.

Back 3 or 4? In a 4 Cash and Nels have been immense all season. Bradley is finally showing why we bought him. A 3 puts Nyambe out of the equation which is a shame as he's a very good RB. 3 allows us 2 wing backs and more attacking options and gives us 2 up top (strikers hunting in pairs, the way I like to see them). With players starting to become available again following injury, PW will have a fair few selection headaches.

4 of the next 5 games are at home. Blessing or curse? Hopefully we'll see big crowds getting behind the team and a plethora of points. We start with Charlton and Port Vale and I'd be looking for 6 points from those games. Brizzle Rovers away another 3. Reading at home, yes, they do seem a bit of a bogey side but time to lay that one to rest. Then it's Bolton, 32K crowd, buzzing stadium, simply a don't lose game. I'm looking at either 13 or 15 points from the 5 games and that would keep us in with a good shout of top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I'm looking at either 13 or 15 points from the 5 games and that would keep us in with a good shout of top 2.
    Big ask, MA. Do that and I think we’ll be looking at 2nd. One game at a time, but the Bolton match looks massive.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Watched the game on RamsTV as per... I have to say it was a thoroughly enjoyable game to watch. Both sides looking to play attacking football, both defences playing well enough to allow only 16 shots the whole game, 6 for them, 10 for us. Both sides had 4 on target and they enjoyed 58% possession.

I was happy to see Bobby Madley had been replaced as the ref to avoid any semblance of bias. His replacement did well. Not a perfect display but he was even handed with what he let go.

Towering header from Bradley for the 0-1. Good goal line header to prevent Cash getting our 2nd. Header away from Cash then fell to Phillips 20 odd yards out and nobody on him, easy chance put away well giving JW no chance. Same player headed home their 2nd. A game either side might have won, they did, IMO a draw would have been the right result. Results elsewhere didn't "punish" our loss.

Back 3 or 4? In a 4 Cash and Nels have been immense all season. Bradley is finally showing why we bought him. A 3 puts Nyambe out of the equation which is a shame as he's a very good RB. 3 allows us 2 wing backs and more attacking options and gives us 2 up top (strikers hunting in pairs, the way I like to see them). With players starting to become available again following injury, PW will have a fair few selection headaches.

4 of the next 5 games are at home. Blessing or curse? Hopefully we'll see big crowds getting behind the team and a plethora of points. We start with Charlton and Port Vale and I'd be looking for 6 points from those games. Brizzle Rovers away another 3. Reading at home, yes, they do seem a bit of a bogey side but time to lay that one to rest. Then it's Bolton, 32K crowd, buzzing stadium, simply a don't lose game. I'm looking at either 13 or 15 points from the 5 games and that would keep us in with a good shout of top 2.
    Thats a fair assessment of the game. I've always been confident that we'd make at least the play offs this year and its good to see players starting to settle into the team, sometimes it takes a while.

heres hoping we can get a firm grip on 2nd place, for me Pompey will win the league.

Agree about Pompey, since the turn of the year they seem to be looking strong. 2nd is still up for grabs but I see the play offs as our most likely outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Thats a fair assessment of the game. I've always been confident that we'd make at least the play offs this year and its good to see players starting to settle into the team, sometimes it takes a while.

heres hoping we can get a firm grip on 2nd place, for me Pompey will win the league.
    As things stand I think Barnsley pose more of a threat to us making the automatics than Bolton as the Trotters still have to play 8 of the top half.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)