+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking on Saturday

Parking on Saturday

Coming to the match on Saturday, driving in from Colwick, not my usual route and was wondering where the best place is to park 'on street'. Any ideas where would be appreciated.

Cattle market or Embankment

Coming from your way, turn left at the Lady Bay retail park roundabout onto Moreland Street. If you get there early enough, there is a fair bit of free street parking around Freeth Street / Brand Street / Holme Street. I always used to park there, but not sure what time it fills up these days. 5-10 minutes walk to the ground depending where you park.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Cattle market or Embankment
    Cattle Market costs a fiver and can take ages to get out.

Don't you have to pay on the embankment these days?

Quote Originally Posted by magpiekev View Post
    Coming to the match on Saturday, driving in from Colwick, not my usual route and was wondering where the best place is to park 'on street'. Any ideas where would be appreciated.
    From Colwick you’d be going past Meadow Lane to get there, but I’ve always considered County Hall as the best free place to park. There’ll always be space and only 5-10 mins walk.

I park in the industial estate on Meadow Lane, back of the Jet Station I think it is or was. Get there early though as it's all free and gets busy.

I don't wish to make anybody's day out at Meadow Lane awkward as well as miserable, but the more people you tell of the best free parking spots the less chance there is of your favourite one still being empty when you get there. I told my Forest supporting mate where I park, expecting him and his mates to use it when Forest were at home, but I think he put the word around and now I'm struggling to use it when Notts play.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    From Colwick you’d be going past Meadow Lane to get there, but I’ve always considered County Hall as the best free place to park. There’ll always be space and only 5-10 mins walk.
    Should be some street parking in Bridgford in general, especially on one of those small roads off Musters Road. There used to be some spaces on Victoria Embankment years ago as well, but that was before everyone started owning three cars.

Isn't the Park & Ride at Colwick any use? The No50 stops at the end of Meadow Lane so just about as far to walk as those proposing behind the industrial estate without the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I park in the industial estate on Meadow Lane, back of the Jet Station I think it is or was. Get there early though as it's all free and gets busy.
    In the old days i used to park in the industrial estate behind the Jet garage regularly, then certain areas started getting blocked off, there was some stewards there once saying you cant park here blame the Forest fans.
    It is possible to still park there, but you have to be early at least 1 1/2 hours before kick off
    Cattlemarket is ok but its a fiver, and takes ages to get out, but its close to ground

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast