+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stuff you liked back in the day… volume 3

Stuff you liked back in the day… volume 3

After the phenomenal success of the first two treads of stuff we liked back in the day (sweets and kids programmes) k-tel brings you volume 3,the best situation comedies from the 70’s,80’s and 90’s

Only fools and horses,The vicar of Dibley,The Office,Dads Army,Phoenix nights,Open all hours,One foot in the grave ,Gavin and Stacey,Father Ted and Benidorm all have their fans but was there really anything better than Blackadder or Fawlty Towers back in the day?

Available now in a Blockbusters store near you

Steptoe and Son, Terry & June, Porridge, It Ain’t Half Hot Mum, Man About the House, Ripping Yarns and Monty Python, MASH, Happy Days and one of my personal favourites, I Didn’t Know You Cared. All up there with Blackadder and Watery Fowls. They don’t make em like that anymore.

The young ones, George & Mildred, one foot in the grave, are you being served… the list is long & contains many classics..

Only fools takes my vote, still watch them now & then… closely followed by porridge & on the buses unless Minder counts?

Dads Army and Benidorm didn't do it for me theirs no right or wrong in comedy taste,Max and Paddy and Peter Kays Carshare would be on my list.
    Radio wise Mark and Lard will never be beaten imo.

Not sure Car Share qualifies same as Max & Paddy or Gavin & Stacey / Open all hours

Car Share was bloody brilliant and a great shout by Pete,absolutely loved it when it first came out and loved it even more the second time that I watched it,the dogging scene had me laughing for ages afterwards and would watch it again if it was on tonight,the fishmonger in the back seat and Japs Si was as faf

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)