+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Rovers and the Dees

Raith Rovers and the Dees

I see the Dees have loaned Lee Ashcroft to Raith for the rest of the season

Can’t quite get my head around whether they are trying to scupper us or Raith

I suspect their business plan will be enriched if they get derbies again, though I agree with others next season will hopefully see us better equipped than this one

If they think they can keep us down and steal our support it’s not credible, I don’t know any dees who came over to us when our league positions were reversed and can’t imagine any Arabs ever embracing a blue club, of any shade, neutrals are far and few between

It will add to the spice next time we meet (Raith and the fun)

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post

I suspect their business plan will be enriched if they get derbies again, though I agree with others next season will hopefully see us better equipped than this one

If they think they can keep us down and steal our support it’s not credible, I don’t know any dees who came over to us when our league positions were reversed and can’t imagine any Arabs ever embracing a blue club, of any shade, neutrals are far and few between

You not think our fringe players just want a regular game and dropping to a lower level gives them a good chance of getting that... don't think anyone at Dens gives a f@ck about United this season...of course that will change if you come up...we welcome the chase💙💙💙

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post

Dont think there is any dodgyness going on rather than this thread attracting the usual muppet! Not only me, but Peter too!

One of the beautiful things about footie in Dundee, there are quite a few people who see past the rivalry and attend both stadiums each week. While nowhere near the numbers of years gone by, ive overhead several different people depart with a "see you across the road next week". I however doubt that they now head through to Kirkaldy each fixture free week like some of those more senior and departed in my family did.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Dont think there is any dodgyness going on rather than this thread attracting the usual muppet! Not only me, but Peter too!

One of the beautiful things about footie in Dundee, there are quite a few people who see past the rivalry and attend both stadiums each week. While nowhere near the numbers of years gone by, ive overhead several different people depart with a "see you across the road next week". I however doubt that they now head through to Kirkaldy each fixture free week like some of those more senior and departed in my family did.
    Not sure bout Kirkcaldy however I knew supporters who did go to Tannadice and dens (Andy and ned) though their season tickets were definitely in uniteds’ stands. Nowadays I know several who have Arbroath as their second club, especially for the smokies :-)

I think The Dees now have 3 players at Raith,the boy who scored against us last week opened the scoring again v Ayr yesterday.The plan is working for them though,loan out all your shyte not good enough for The Premiership and loan in loads of players from England's top league who certainly are.

Pleasing that the latest one Ashcroft went off injured after half an hour yesterday and looking like atleast a month out

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Pleasing that the latest one Ashcroft went off injured after half an hour yesterday and looking like atleast a month out
    I think Ashcroft is a good player too.

The whole thing shows to me that we have to expect that Raith will get more wins.

We need to be strong now over these next few matches and get wins ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I think The Dees now have 3 players at Raith,the boy who scored against us last week opened the scoring again v Ayr yesterday.The plan is working for them though,loan out all your shyte not good enough for The Premiership and loan in loads of players from England's top league who certainly are.
    There's at least 3 ex-Utd players in the Raith line-up as well, Stanton, Connolly and Keef. Stanton is regarded as one of their key players and Keef has been solid in the centre of the defence since coming back from injury.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That’s a bit sick even by your biased standards

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    That’s a bit sick even by your biased standards

That a solid defender at this level is out with a hamstring problem for a month missing games for our title rivals, oh yes, sooooo sick

Lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)