+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vinni's latest Presser

Vinni's latest Presser

Nothing new really, the spark has gone out of him, and he still mysteriously refuses to divulge any information on the nature of our player's injuries, in this particular case Aaron Ramsey, although he said he was out for the season and it sounded like he might miss the start of next season as well.

An enigma wrapped inside a mystery mon ami...

Name:  VK asitis.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  88.5 KB

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport...le-win-4529936

Reading between the lines, sounds like an admission to me that he didn't believe any of our squad from last year where good enough. So he proceeded to royally F*ck up our recruitment, and spunk Nye on 100mill on dross.

Basically he has got it badly wrong, he is still responsible for our downfall because he chose them.

I still think Muric, Roberts, Ekdal, Beyer, Taylor, Cork, Cullen, Brownhill, Benson, Rodriguez & Zaroury plus the "others" would have kept us up.

If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

He basically admitted that hardly any of the Championship squad had Premeirship experience and then bought a group of players without any Premeirship experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    He basically admitted that hardly any of the Championship squad had Premeirship experience and then bought a group of players without any Premeirship experience.
    Honestly C_M I think he is spouting bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Honestly C_M I think he is spouting bollox.
    Never mind spouting bollox we could do with sprouting some and getting chuffing stuck into the opposition. Starting on Saturday.

VK's recent reflections are total garbage. To drop the whole championship winning team to be replaced by a brand new team is a joke. How does he think those league winning players think/react to that strategy. It must result in unrest and that is what it looks like and then start to drip feed those title winning players who are already brassed off. Compare our stupidity to say Luton who are not much better but the attitude is outstanding running for every thing and closing down at every opportunity it shows what happens when one team gives their promotion team a chance as opposed to our strategy by dropping all our title players, replacing them with new players. VK's decision to bin off all those players has been disastrous. If he cannot see what the consequences are or have been then he is either naïve or stupid whichever it is then his strategy must be questioned by the Board. Unfortunately the damage has been done and there is no turning back and it would not be a surprise to me if he repeated this strategy at the beginning of next season - if that occurs then IMP he should be encouraged to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    VK's recent reflections are total garbage. To drop the whole championship winning team to be replaced by a brand new team is a joke. How does he think those league winning players think/react to that strategy. It must result in unrest and that is what it looks like and then start to drip feed those title winning players who are already brassed off. Compare our stupidity to say Luton who are not much better but the attitude is outstanding running for every thing and closing down at every opportunity it shows what happens when one team gives their promotion team a chance as opposed to our strategy by dropping all our title players, replacing them with new players. VK's decision to bin off all those players has been disastrous. If he cannot see what the consequences are or have been then he is either naïve or stupid whichever it is then his strategy must be questioned by the Board. Unfortunately the damage has been done and there is no turning back and it would not be a surprise to me if he repeated this strategy at the beginning of next season - if that occurs then IMP he should be encouraged to leave.
    Depends on what June & July brings on the Harry Potts Way revolving door but with relegation almost certain for the Clarets in season 2023/4, it is still possible to take some positives from what has been from a Burnley fan’s perspective a terribly torrid season.

Players like Trafford, O’Shea, Vitinho, Ekdal, Beyer, Al-Dakhil, Odobert, Amdouni, Ramsey, Foster & Koleosho will all have surely benefitted from a season of playing in the English Premier League. If the Clarets can retain them all at Turf Moor for the 2024/5 campaign, the group will undoubtedly form the nucleus of a very effective and title challenging Championship side.

It is also worth remembering the Clarets will still have under contract Berge, Costelloe, Delcroix, Twine, McNally, Weghorst, Muric, Vigouroux, Dodgson, Egan Riley, Mellon, Benson, Zaroury, Brownhill, Cullen, JBG, Massengo & Obafemi. With that amount of “wiggle room” it cannot be all doom & gloom – can it?

Having noted how Vincent Kompany has operated in the past, I assume Bailey Peacock Farrell, Charlie Taylor, Connor Roberts, Jack Cork, Jay Rodriguez, Bruun Larsen, Mike Tresor, Samuel Bastien, Darko Churlinov have or will be permanently leaving the building.

It will, however, be interesting to see what the future will hold for the loan pairing of Lorenz Assignon and Maxime Esteve. I hope we can at least secure Assignon on a 4-year contract, he looks like the real deal to me.

All this relegation bollix really upsets me,we are two wins from staying up.Surely we must have a winning run some time,every team goes on one..

Or maybe I'm going "doolally tap? In my old age..
    I still haven't lost the faith yet. Nearly but not quite..
    UTC...KTF...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)