+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FAO Alfie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When I retired ,I was a member at Ripon for quite a lot of years,great course made some good friend in members enclosure and I had some good wins there ,on one occasion especially after eavesdropping two trainers talking and one saying his horse won win easy. I put 50quid on at 8/1 and it won by the shortest of short heads you could imagine..😎

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    When I retired ,I was a member at Ripon for quite a lot of years,great course made some good friend in members enclosure and I had some good wins there ,on one occasion especially after eavesdropping two trainers talking and one saying his horse won win easy. I put 50quid on at 8/1 and it won by the shortest of short heads you could imagine..��
    Me and the missus were Annual Members at Ripon from 2010 until 2021, used to spend a lot of time in the Annual Members bar, quite possible we bumped into each other Alf and just never knew.

Poor Cheltenham for me with all short prices winning so not been betting much. That Mullins fellow spoils it for everybody
    😉

Poor Cheltenham for me with all short prices winning so not been betting much. That Mullins fellow spoils it for everybody
    ��
    That was more like it with El Fab pulling up, I was on Captain Guinness at 11/1 and I backed Gentleman de Mee e/w ante post at 40/1 a month ago. Langer Dan and Jasmin De Vaux won as well so I'm back in front after two days.
    I do agree with you Alf, this is the worst Cheltenham I've ever known, the big handicaps are still good betting races but I'm bored witless watching Mullins odds on good things cruising to the front. I don't bother with Irish racing any more due to the Mullins/Elliott domination, but now they've taken over Cheltenham as well, it's just so fecking tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Me and the missus were Annual Members at Ripon from 2010 until 2021, used to spend a lot of time in the Annual Members bar, quite possible we bumped into each other Alf and just never knew.
    No Sinky ,we were members from 2001 to about 2008, then gave up when we got the motorhome as we would miss most of the meets.

No Sinky ,we were members from 2001 to about 2008, then gave up when we got the motorhome as we would miss most of the meets.
    Have you ever parked your motorhome up on the inside at Ripon Alfie, kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, it seems a popular site, especially on race days.

Have you ever parked your motorhome up on the inside at Ripon Alfie, kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, it seems a popular site, especially on race days.
    No,but camped on the middle of the racecourse on non racedays for a week.

Much better day today,17/2,8/1, and 10/1 winners. Quids in now. 😁

No,but camped on the middle of the racecourse on non racedays for a week.

Much better day today,17/2,8/1, and 10/1 winners. Quids in now. ��
    Good day today for both of us Alfie, they don't come along very often like this. I'm going to list them just to remind myself I'm not dreaming.

Ginnys Destiny, 2nd 11/2,
    Djelo, 3rd 25/1

Monmiral, Won 33/1
    Kyntara, 2nd 28/1
    Cuthbert Dribble, 3rd 11/2

The Trifecta paid £6,391, not that I ever do them.

Home By The Lee, 3rd 25/1

Shakem Up'arry, Won 16/1

Golden Ace, Won 12/1

Gitmaker, 2nd 28/1
    Whacker Clan, 3rd 11/1

All EW bets, and you can see the better odds from getting on early with the online bookies.

Our good friend Christopher Wood is running in the Eider tomorrow. I thought Venetia would have a plan for him after that massive step up in trip at Musselburgh and this appears to be it. I'm not convinced about the horse, this is another 2 furlongs further through a bog, and Venetia is right out of form, only 2 winners from her last 46 runners.

Nevertheless, I can't let it go unbacked so I'm on at 12/1 with Billy Hill, paying first 5, probably got about as much chance as we have of beating Palace.
    CW running at Uttoxeter this aft Alfie, I'm giving it one last chance, although I suspect you're right, it's just a plodder. Venetia had it entered in the Kim Muir but re-routed it here at the last minute, it's been backed in from 14/1 to 8/1 and this is an easier race than the Eider and much shorter. Bet365 are paying first 3 in this 7 horse race so I've had a little EW on it, just in case.

Gave it a miss Sinky..Still lost money today though. 😕

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)