+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Stubbs interview

Personally don’t give two of what Alan Stubbs thinks, but listening to it backed up my own opinion. Paul Douglas said no to excessive wages, same Paul Douglas who lets our players leave for next to nowt or on free transfers. The bloke isn’t really fit for the job as he has no grasp on the current values of players and players wages in the football league. Don’t know him probably an ok bloke, just my opinion on what I’ve seen and heard regards running of club.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Personally don’t give two of what Alan Stubbs thinks, but listening to it backed up my own opinion. Paul Douglas said no to excessive wages, same Paul Douglas who lets our players leave for next to nowt or on free transfers. The bloke isn’t really fit for the job as he has no grasp on the current values of players and players wages in the football league. Don’t know him probably an ok bloke, just my opinion on what I’ve seen and heard regards running of club.
    But is he just an employee following instructions from the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    But is he just an employee following instructions from the boss?

You think it’s Tony Stewart who deals with the players contracts and buying/selling when Paul Douglas is the chief exec? I’d say Tony oversees everything but Douglas is in charge of players contracts etc. probably wrong but who knows.

He has a budget to work with man, if Gregory’s wage packet was too much then it would have impacted on other recruits. You can sign anybody if you pay them ridiculous wages, it’s not rocket science !

Just listened to the bit about us and immediately after when he got the StMirren job so in 5 minutes he’s slandered our chairman then blamed the St Mirren players for him losing his job up there told me what I already knew about him
    I know our club isn’t perfect far from it but makes me realise what sort of character Leam Richardson is again like Stubbs taking us on in the Championship with even less hope than Stubbs had and he’s determined (or sounds it ) to make it work and for that he deserves our support

You think it’s Tony Stewart who deals with the players contracts and buying/selling when Paul Douglas is the chief exec? I’d say Tony oversees everything but Douglas is in charge of players contracts etc. probably wrong but who knows.
    Wasn't this hinted at before when Paul Warne suggested player recruitment was done by "committee"?

On wiki…..with a citation…read why rob scott left grimsby.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    On wiki…..with a citation…read why rob scott left grimsby.
    A "citation" that links to a Scobet betting site

Looks like made up tosh to me

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Sounds like a masterclass in deflection to me; the failure of his time at RUFC was the fault of everybody but AS..
    Cant hide the scouser in him

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Just listened to the bit about us and immediately after when he got the StMirren job so in 5 minutes he’s slandered our chairman then blamed the St Mirren players for him losing his job up there told me what I already knew about him
    I know our club isn’t perfect far from it but makes me realise what sort of character Leam Richardson is again like Stubbs taking us on in the Championship with even less hope than Stubbs had and he’s determined (or sounds it ) to make it work and for that he deserves our support
    Slander refers to a false statement. Plenty have seen examples of his behaviour. It doesn't matter if he's a poor manager, it doesn't matter if he failed miserably, none of that changes the fact he's yet another person offering a view that mirrors what others have said, and it's damaging to the club.

You're right though, we should be behind LR. His task is difficult enough, and whether the apologist numpties like it or not, he also has to contend with a relic who acts with complete contempt for many around him. I wouldn't want the job for the relative pittance he's on.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast