+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Alan Stubbs interview

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Wasn't this hinted at before when Paul Warne suggested player recruitment was done by "committee"?
    Please show me any manager, in any industry, with responsibility for a large budget, whose decisions on expenditure are not subject to inspection by someone else.

Can't understand why the Stubbs interview is generating so much excitement.

Stubbs couldn't adapt to his disappointment in finding that Stewart has his faults. Substitute any name(s) and any other club and you have the same result.

Scott's appointment has, arguably, helped to improve one aspect of Stubbs' criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    Nope we could have had the best recruitment team in the football league, the most professional chairman possible and a training facility Real Madrid would have been proud to call their own and Stubbs would still have failed as a football manager.

Losers blame others for their failures, winners don’t.
    Your sycophancy is hanging out.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Please show me any manager, in any industry, with responsibility for a large budget, whose decisions on expenditure are not subject to inspection by someone else.
    Exactly

Douglas would have been told to stay within certain amounts

I’ve even known managers that have received an end of year bonus for ending up “ within budget”

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Your sycophancy is hanging out.
    Nope I’ve criticised Tony Stewart and the club’s inability to compete in the Championship many times.

I just don’t see potential buyers with the desire to lose a small fortune turning the Millers into a sustainable mid-table championship team forming an orderly queue outside the NYS to buy out Tony Stewart. But I do remember life under the Booth’s, Millers 2005 and Dennis Coleman when the running of the club was an even bigger joke.

This may shock you but the vast majority of Managers and Players in the modern game don’t care if the Chairman is a complete bell end, they are simply looking for the largest pay cheque and a never ending budget to mask their inadequacies.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Can't understand why the Stubbs interview is generating so much excitement.

Stubbs couldn't adapt to his disappointment in finding that Stewart has his faults. Substitute any name(s) and any other club and you have the same result.

Scott's appointment has, arguably, helped to improve one aspect of Stubbs' criticism.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    Nope I’ve criticised Tony Stewart and the club’s inability to compete in the Championship many times.

I just don’t see potential buyers with the desire to lose a small fortune turning the Millers into a sustainable mid-table championship team forming an orderly queue outside the NYS to buy out Tony Stewart. But I do remember life under the Booth’s, Millers 2005 and Dennis Coleman when the running of the club was an even bigger joke.

This may shock you but the vast majority of Managers and Players in the modern game don’t care if the Chairman is a complete bell end, they are simply looking for the largest pay cheque and a never ending budget to mask their inadequacies.
    Key notes from the handbook getting hit.

Criticised him previously.
    Bad old days.
    Nobody else out there.

Yet none of that matters one iota when the point is about (yet) another source commenting on the tragic behaviour that, contrary to your belief, does damage the club. He hinders efforts to recruit repeatedly, and sadly word travels in this incestuous business. We don't have a level playing field to start with in this tier, and even despite the budget limitations (which is smoke and mirrors to a degree) we don't have the best management structure, and this means our recruitment is vanilla and short term. After the parachute payments, poor officiating and our budget limitations are put aside, that still leaves any manager we haven't offended or put off working with some way short of a competitive squad. There's no doubt Stubbs isn't management material, but it once again reiterates that we're being run by a belligerent man who's neither wholly invested in the club, nor able to appoint a strong enough management structure to offset that. People in all walks of life want the best terms at work, but when they have choices and financial flexibility, they're weighing up more than a pay cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Basically just a garbage manager blaming everything but himself.
    Yep.

Funny how Evans got a lot more out of the squad. Followed by Warnock.... than Stubbs did.

Appreciate the Warne era started against a similar back drop too.

He was insulting to fans at the time too, funny how people forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Key notes from the handbook getting hit.

Criticised him previously.
    Bad old days.
    Nobody else out there.

Yet none of that matters one iota when the point is about (yet) another source commenting on the tragic behaviour that, contrary to your belief, does damage the club. He hinders efforts to recruit repeatedly, and sadly word travels in this incestuous business. We don't have a level playing field to start with in this tier, and even despite the budget limitations (which is smoke and mirrors to a degree) we don't have the best management structure, and this means our recruitment is vanilla and short term. After the parachute payments, poor officiating and our budget limitations are put aside, that still leaves any manager we haven't offended or put off working with some way short of a competitive squad. There's no doubt Stubbs isn't management material, but it once again reiterates that we're being run by a belligerent man who's neither wholly invested in the club, nor able to appoint a strong enough management structure to offset that. People in all walks of life want the best terms at work, but when they have choices and financial flexibility, they're weighing up more than a pay cheque.
    Excellent post

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Yep.

Funny how Evans got a lot more out of the squad. Followed by Warnock.... than Stubbs did.

Appreciate the Warne era started against a similar back drop too.

He was insulting to fans at the time too, funny how people forget that.
    13 players left. Bit disingenuous to suggest it was the same squad, as poor as he was.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast