+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Begum Appeal

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Only if the courts deem the case to be frivolous, which in this case is doubtful. I presume the fact that she was once a UK citizen will entitled her to legal aid
    Well if that's the case it's feckin ridiculous, as some hard working people here in Britain on low wages can't get/don't qualify for legal aid so why should that piece of sh!t?

Quote Originally Posted by davydook View Post
    Well if that's the case it's feckin ridiculous, as some hard working people here in Britain on low wages can't get/don't qualify for legal aid so why should that piece of sh!t?
    Likely to cost around £7M in the end - absolute scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Likely to cost around £7M in the end - absolute scandal.
    But who pays her costs? If her legal team are on a no win no fee deal then they won't be paying out any money apart from the actual wages they pay their staff. That will be less than £20 per hour.
    I think that's why they keep going until they get a judgement from some court that wants to support anyone but the Government of the day.
    Then they whack in the chargeable rate and lo and behold their spend of £40k say suddenly becomes £2m.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    But who pays her costs? If her legal team are on a no win no fee deal then they won't be paying out any money apart from the actual wages they pay their staff. That will be less than £20 per hour.
    I think that's why they keep going until they get a judgement from some court that wants to support anyone but the Government of the day.
    Then they whack in the chargeable rate and lo and behold their spend of £40k say suddenly becomes £2m.
    That's why I said there should be some kind of deterrent, like a bail bond they have in the States, it's a cash cow for the lawyers/solicitors, same with these multi appeals for asylum seekers, they just keep appealing decisions till they get what they want....Kerrching!!!!!!

wow tap reply

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    In my opinion the Muslims in the U.K. and beyond can set up an online fundraising scheme to raise money to pay Begum’s legal fees
    The Arabs at the Dump including ROMA 84 can donate to any online fundraising scheme as she is one of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMA84 View Post
    wow tap reply
    Wha's this feckin tool? get him tae feck.

Quote Originally Posted by davydook View Post
    Wha's this feckin tool? get him tae feck.
    just a reply to a tap banter comment. Do you like my profie pic?

Quote Originally Posted by ROMA84 View Post
    just a reply to a tap banter comment. Do you like my profie pic?
    He's probably got Mair chance of getting in oor team than tony watt 😎

I see peter is on Utd mad, is this allowed or will dundee mad ask for a removal, just asking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)