+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I`m Warming To Richardson

I`m Warming To Richardson

Whoever is our manager will get my support,I`m not one of those who wants the manager sacked after 5 minutes,but I must say I wasn`t too taken with our new manager until quite recently.
    His style was too negative for me,given our situation,and the 3 who have come "In the building" didn`t exactly get me excited,and I thought his interviews were dire to be honest.
    But in the last couple of weeks we have looked a bit more attack-minded,and I`m starting to like what I hear in his interviews,he seems to have loosened up a bit,previously he looked like he was about to bite the inerviewer`s head off.
    He`s coming across a lot better,and he`s obviously got a vision for us going forwards,which sounds like there needs to be improvements "Behind the scenes",as well as on the pitch,which must be quite serious,the last 3 managers have all said the same thing,so over to you Mr Stewart on that one.
    When/if we go down he must be the manager come August,it`s going to be difficult re-building job next season,but he`s done it in league 1 before,so hopefully he can do it with us.
    So if you`re one of those morons wanting him sacked,you know who you are,I would say wind yer neck in and try supporting the manager,give him a decent chance.
    UTM.

Just a simple question why did it take him time to realise that we need 3points a game to survive & play so negative, pick a team not to lose in stead of picking a team to win.Let’s see what happens Saturday in a must win game.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 23-02-2024 at 06:52 PM.

Richardson will get a lot of Millers fans on his side, if he gets his squad fired up to win
    against Sheffield Wednesday, a week tomorrow, after the team put up a Brewers Droop
    performance at Hillsborough in the Millers lack lustre defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Richardson will get a lot of Millers fans on his side, if he gets his squad fired up to win
    against Sheffield Wednesday, a week tomorrow, after the team put up a Brewers Droop
    performance at Hillsborough in the Millers lack lustre defeat.
    Lose v Wednesday like the last meeting and he’s history

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    He wasn’t in charge at the last meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    What utter b*llocks,would it hurt you for once to have a positive slant on something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    He wasn’t in charge at the last meeting.
    I meant in a similar manner

It's like warming to the likes of Warney & Southgate if you'll settle for underachievement.

LR will be our manager in August.I would have thought that 80% of the interviews/discussions before he was offered the job would have been spent talking about the League 1 rebuild. He deserves that chance although it must be said that we are further adrift from safety than when he took over. Today is only a 'must win' game if you consider that 9 out of the remaining 12 other games are also 'must win'. Not gonna happen I'm afraid!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    It's like warming to the likes of Warney & Southgate if you'll settle for underachievement.
    I've never understood the critics of Southgate on the basis that if he has underachieved then every other England manger in history,other than Alf Ramsay, also has!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast