+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Sidders

RIP Sidders

Haven’t posted here for a long time, but just wanted to share some news that a local fellow Notts fan to me, Alan Combes, passed away suddenly last week

I believe he was an active poster on this forum under the name “Sidders” (or variations of that name over the years). He leaves behind a wife and daughter, who I’m sure will be in the thoughts of all on the forum.

Very sad news again RiP Sidders

Oh lordy, that is a shock.

Big character here and will be missed.

RIP

Although I didn't always appreciate his political threads as a poster he will be sadly missed.

RIP mate.

Jesus! That's shocking and very sad news.

It's fair to say Sidders (previously Sidn15) and I didn't often see eye to eye on political matters and I think he enjoyed his self-appointed role as the message board's agent provacateur on political matters, but he was one of the most long-standing and recognisable posters on here and I always detected a wry smile and a knowing wink behind his mild barbs.

Sidders is a sad loss to this board and the Notts community in general. Through you Skatorna I extend my/our sincere condolences and sympathy to his family. Another sad day for Notts MAD. We're having too many just recently.

RIP

Oh dear that is sad news. He had his views and opinions which were not always agreed with. But he will always be remembered as a MAD icon. Wasn't he always picking us up on our spelling and punctuation?

West, in piece Sid. x

Really sorry to hear this, condolences to his friends and family.

Rest easy Sid X

If I remember correctly Sidders had a lucky escape a few years back.
    RIP

What a shock!
    Commiserations to his family. I had a couple of pints with him when I was over in North Yorks a few years ago, a nice bloke and as controversial, forthright and provactive as he came across on here.
    Yes he did Pete, he was very seriously ill at the time, think it knocked him back because that's around the time he reduced posting.

I'm really going to miss his views. RIP man.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast