+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Sidders

Sad news indeed. One of the real long term posters. A friend of the late, great Lord Magwales too IIRC. Rest in peace Alan.

Oh dear, very sad news.

Really sad to hear this. RIP.

RIP Sidders.
    Very sad news.

This is absolutely heartbreaking news, I can't believe it and am so sorry to hear that for him and his family. I know he lived up near Scarborough last I heard and often thought of him driving through where he lived on the way to the coast. He was a fantastic poster and had a very interesting life. God that's just terrible. So sorry and you will be remembered Sid for as long as I'm here.

Safe travels mate.

Horrible news, RIP Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    This is absolutely heartbreaking news, I can't believe it and am so sorry to hear that for him and his family. I know he lived up near Scarborough last I heard and often thought of him driving through where he lived on the way to the coast. He was a fantastic poster and had a very interesting life. God that's just terrible. So sorry and you will be remembered Sid for as long as I'm here.

Safe travels mate.
    His family are just round the corner from me, and his grandson and my son are good friends (a junior notts fan). Very active in the local community on the parish council and as a teacher of renown in the area. Would often chat with him at school pick up. His IRL persona was the same as people have pointed to on here as well.

I remember him writing and posting a full match report for one of the few games he was able to attend in more recent years, it was absolutely superb, far better standard than what you get in the NEP (and I told him so).

Really sorry to hear this news. Exchanged DMs with Alan and he seemed like a really nice chap. Always found his posts interesting and provocative. RIP.

Really sorry to hear this. Sliders will be sadly missed. Always had a sensible argument and dealt easily with the political attacks from the right.
    RIP.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast