+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Anderson suspended

Lee Anderson suspended

For this interview , I think he has a point
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT5LVJ6i_ew

This was always going to happen the moment a Tory made those sorts of comments.

Would the outcry have been so loud if a centre right Labour or Lib Dem MP had said the same things, I’m not so sure.

We all know that Khan plays the race card faster than Monica Lewinsky drops to her knees, when a Tory says these types of comments it just gives Khan and the likes an open goal.

Anderson may be correct in his assumption, equally, he may not be.

Oh for the days when the accused (Khan in this case)….tells the accuser to shut the fk up or prove it!

I’d much rather a man to man, face to face slanging match without the constant reliance on the race card.

For me, this isn’t an anti Labour point, it’s an anti Khan point.

I find something deeply unlikeable about Khan and I don’t think he’s been a good mayor for London.

Andy Burnham is an ex Labour cabinet minister who seems like a top bloke and he represents Manchester really well from what I see.

The best leader Labour haven’t had in the past 20 years in my opinion.

If he was leader at this time, I’d find it very difficult not to vote Labour, every time he opens his mouth he seems to talk sense.

Unlike that pipsqueak Khan.

From what I see, Khan is an odious individual. I think t is very wrong to suspend the MP, freedom of speech is being eroded.

Don't like Anderson any more than I like Cruella, Truss or any of the right wing Tories but that doesn't mean that I disagree with everything he says. I think the police are underfunded and put in untenable situations sometimes because policies are not made clear enough to them by government but certainly wouldn't like to see a return to the tactics both government and the police used during the miners strike though!

As for the current demonstrations around what is happening in Gaza, I don't doubt for one minute that these are being hijacked by extremist activists but the bottom line is that a growing number (including some Jewish commentators) are concerned at the escalating number of deaths amongst civilians there and they have a right to peaceful demonstration to protest against this. I agree that some of the actions by some extremist elements within these demonstrations are not acceptable but I don't think we should be distracted from the core driver of the protest by all the muck raking done by either those pushing anti-Semitism or those pushing Islamophobia.

The terrorist attack by Hamas was heinous and Israel has a perfect right to defend itself but being critical of Zionist expansion is not, in itself, being anti-Semitic despite what some try and claim. Not all Muslims are extremists who want to destroy Western democracy and freedoms and not all Jews are extremist Zionists who want to take over all of Palestine.

Being over tolerant of more extremist views (whether political or religious) is a dangerous thing as it threatens the very tolerances, values and freedoms of our country and it would be fateful to ignore this. Anderson is right to point this out, but my problem with him is that he seems to exaggerate the reality of the situation and his viewpoints border dangerously on racism.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Would the outcry have been so loud if a centre right Labour or Lib Dem MP had said the same things, I’m not so sure.

We all know that Khan plays the race card faster than Monica Lewinsky drops to her knees, when a Tory says these types of comments it just gives Khan and the likes an open goal.

Oh for the days when the accused (Khan in this case)….tells the accuser to shut the fk up or prove it!

I’d much rather a man to man, face to face slanging match without the constant reliance on the race card.

I find something deeply unlikeable about Khan and I don’t think he’s been a good mayor for London.

Andy Burnham is an ex Labour cabinet minister who seems like a top bloke and he represents Manchester really well from what I see.

If he was leader at this time, I’d find it very difficult not to vote Labour, every time he opens his mouth he seems to talk sense.

100% agree with you Mick. Can’t stand Khan and he would play the race card at every opportunity! Seems not to be racist when a non white makes racist comments in relation to the Jewish people!

Agree about Andy Burnham as a really likeable guy and speaks a lot of sense unlike fence sitter Starmer.

People think if Labour get in things will be hugely improved. I am not so sure as identity of the country will be further eroded and there will be more woke!

Recent Conservative governments have been awful and done much damage to the country. If Labour win the election, though, they will finish the job, we’ll become a basket case. I don’t want to vote Conservative but it is the best chance, albeit slim, of keeping the left wing nutters out.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Don't really know enough about Khan tbh and I guess any mayor of London would find it impossible to please everyone but I agree with you about Andy Burnham. I'm also with you in disliking the slanging match default that our politics seems to have descended into. This has always been part of it (I'm sure that we've all seen better behaved primary school playgrounds than PMQT) but is this increasing lack of reasoned debate a sad indication that neither side actually have any decent ideas or competency?

Hamas knew perfectly well what the response would be following their attack and to compound their evil, they use their own people as human shields. Islamists, and as we know, there are many other similar groups to Hamas, in my opinion, pose the greatest threat to World freedom in the long term, even more so than the thug Putin and the Chinese. The best thing for the Palestinians to do would be to overthrow Hamas themselves but they won’t; they will never turn on fellow Muslims even if they are the cause of all their suffering, God will rescue them!

As someone who lives in London and votes for Khan, obviously I think he's a decent bloke. I think he talks a lot of sense and he gets a bad rap because he's Labour and Muslim. The RW press absolutely despise him (which actually makes me like him even more). I also think some of the abuse he gets is absolutely deplorable.

Anderson on the other hand is an absolute helmet. Someone who should be nowhere near parliament, or any position of high office. And one of the reasons the country is in a mess because idiots like him get elected.

Khan and Anderson are two ends of the spectrum. One is intelligent and conscientious, the other is an imbecile who hides behind 'free speech' to say outrageous things to get him some PR. The fact someone at Tory HQ thought it would be a good idea to promote this knuckle dragger says a lot about the party and the current state of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Recent Conservative governments have been awful and done much damage to the country. If Labour win the election, though, they will finish the job, we’ll become a basket case. I don’t want to vote Conservative but it is the best chance, albeit slim, of keeping the left wing nutters out.
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    As someone who lives in London and votes for Khan, obviously I think he's a decent bloke. I think he talks a lot of sense and he gets a bad rap because he's Labour and Muslim. The RW press absolutely despise him (which actually makes me like him even more). I also think some of the abuse he gets is absolutely deplorable.

Anderson on the other hand is an absolute helmet. Someone who should be nowhere near parliament, or any position of high office. And one of the reasons the country is in a mess because idiots like him get elected.

Khan and Anderson are two ends of the spectrum. One is intelligent and conscientious, the other is an imbecile who hides behind 'free speech' to say outrageous things to get him some PR. The fact someone at Tory HQ thought it would be a good idea to promote this knuckle dragger says a lot about the party and the current state of the country.
    I’m surprised that you’d admit to liking someone because he riles up the right wing press 123.

I thought you were more intelligent than that even though I’m not a fan of your left wing leanings.

Khan is to opportunism and bandwagon stuff as Boris was for the Tory side.

Khan comes across as a horrible little snake, a Pygmy of a politician.

Labour have far better quality options than this nomark to run for that job.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)