+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: QPR Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I want LR to do well but his choice or lack of substitutions at the right time has cost us points again.
    His record is woeful I keep saying it we’ve gone further backwards.
    His appointment makes no sense at all.
    Just on way back from yet another defeat.
    So which substitutions would have added value? Hugill? Lindsey? There wasn't much quality on the bench.

However, I would have had Nombe off earlier.

I don’t read the matchday threads because I’m at the game. From what I could see you didn’t have nothing positive to say.
    If I’ve got that wrong I’ll apologise no problem. You can’t expect people not to criticise the manager he’s costing us points in a lot of people’s opinions. The usual faces I see at away games think the same.
    He’s taking us backwards and his records is woeful that’s not in question.
    The evidence from the last two games suggests that you're wrong about going backwards.

I don’t read the matchday threads because I’m at the game. From what I could see you didn’t have nothing positive to say.
    If I’ve got that wrong I’ll apologise no problem. You can’t expect people not to criticise the manager he’s costing us points in a lot of people’s opinions. The usual faces I see at away games think the same.
    He’s taking us backwards and his records is woeful that’s not in question.
    Read post 42, posted at 3.53.

I don't post much during the game. I was writing a post about Eaves not getting to a chance when he popped one in, and I missed it.

I'll accept your apology. No problem.

Some positives to take from the game in a dark season I thought, I think they’ve concluded that pressing a lot more from the front is the only way we’re likely to put pressure on the opposition. And we did have a fair few shots and some nice bits of play.

But agree that while Cafu was good on the ball when he came on, and Seriki was struggling at times, we lost organisation when the change was made. Thought Odoffin struggled a little too. And it did start to feel inevitable that Chair would come up with goods for them at some point, we’ve got nothing close to a player like him in an attacking position.

As a QPR fan I’d be worried that having lost about £250m over the years they’re still in trouble and would have been beaten by a more clinical team.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    Some positives to take from the game in a dark season I thought, I think they’ve concluded that pressing a lot more from the front is the only way we’re likely to put pressure on the opposition. And we did have a fair few shots and some nice bits of play.

But agree that while Cafu was good on the ball when he came on, and Seriki was struggling at times, we lost organisation when the change was made. Thought Odoffin struggled a little too. And it did start to feel inevitable that Chair would come up with goods for them at some point, we’ve got nothing close to a player like him in an attacking position.

As a QPR fan I’d be worried that having lost about £250m over the years they’re still in trouble and would have been beaten by a more clinical team.
    Agree. Substitute "better" for "clinical". But we are not that team. One thing I think we can all agree on is that the squad isn't up to Ch'ship standard.

We could debate the reasons why. The strongest correlation in football is between success and expenditure on wages. Fact.

Tell you the problem you either do it like Evans leave rather than not be able to bring players in to keep us up. LR had a transfer window 2 out of the 3 players he brought in what difference have they made weakened us if anything. LR Kelly can't have many more excuses!

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    The manager is not the problem, he doesn't help himself the first substituation changed the dynamic of the game, I can only assume that Seriki was injured because replacing him with cafu and taking Rinomhota out of midfield was plain stupid, our 3 midfielders had been excellent and were holding us together. Not hindsight either spotted it as soon as he did it. If he felt seriki was getting beaten too easily then surely you would put experience in there for the 30 mins in peltier, a very poor decision. My worry is I can't see us getting anything from any of the other away games we might scrape 5 points at home if we are lucky. That will be a new record and a huge psychological barrier to overcome going into next season, do not under estimate the impact of such a shocking end result. There is a huge rebuilding job in the summer and we have the ongoing issues regarding the supporting infrastructure, you could sack LR and bring in pep and he would struggle with the situation at Rotherham. Back to the match how was Colback still on that pitch, his foul in our penalty box in the first half was clearly a yellow, it was boundering on dangerous play, the block in the second was a yellow at least, apparantly Howard Webb has passed onto the refs that falling over equals a foul. We miss Revan on the left I hope he is back soon. last point well done to Eaves and Nombe, they really worked hard combined for the goal and gave their defence a lot to think about, they did tire and you would expect players to do that with a high press game, but there are clealry fitness issues across the squad, both managers this season have commented on the overall fitness, PW was excellent at getting fit players on the pitch and the difference it makes can be seen.
    Derby….for god’s sake, put some line breaks in your long texts….and paragraphs, like reading a herd of zebras

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Derby….for god’s sake, put some line breaks in your long texts….and paragraphs, like reading a herd of zebras
    sorry!! just a quick brain dump, before i forget stuff, getting on abit now

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    sorry!! just a quick brain dump, before i forget stuff, getting on abit now
    Are we not all….

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Are we not all….
    I’m 35, does that make me young on here..?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast