+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QPR Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    this bunch of misfits lack heart and organisation.
    Really? Not evident from the last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    30 away games without a win now.
    losing after being in front - again.
    One good half one crap - again.
    16 points and 23 GD from safety
    If we maintain the same points per game to the end of the season we will end up with 26 points (rounded up!). Even if the teams above us get no more points this season we would still finish 6 points adrift at the bottom.
    Altogether now:
    " Always look on the bright side ....."
    Agree with "One good half" Don't think the second was crap, more that the opposition were better than us. It does happen.

I admired his team selection today but LR has got to use the subs better,QPR getting on top but subs too late for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Two defensive marking lapses cost us.

Disappointing that we couldn't hold out, but I'm encouraged that we are finishing the season with better performances than we started with.

I'm sure some will want to criticise. Force of habit.
    Yet you had no problem constantly criticising the last manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I admired his team selection today but LR has got to use the subs better,QPR getting on top but subs too late for me.
    Reactive rather than proactive

And........defensive coach anyone?

I want LR to do well but his choice or lack of substitutions at the right time has cost us points again.
    His record is woeful I keep saying it we’ve gone further backwards.
    His appointment makes no sense at all.
    Just on way back from yet another defeat.

The manager is not the problem, he doesn't help himself the first substituation changed the dynamic of the game, I can only assume that Seriki was injured because replacing him with cafu and taking Rinomhota out of midfield was plain stupid, our 3 midfielders had been excellent and were holding us together. Not hindsight either spotted it as soon as he did it. If he felt seriki was getting beaten too easily then surely you would put experience in there for the 30 mins in peltier, a very poor decision. My worry is I can't see us getting anything from any of the other away games we might scrape 5 points at home if we are lucky. That will be a new record and a huge psychological barrier to overcome going into next season, do not under estimate the impact of such a shocking end result. There is a huge rebuilding job in the summer and we have the ongoing issues regarding the supporting infrastructure, you could sack LR and bring in pep and he would struggle with the situation at Rotherham. Back to the match how was Colback still on that pitch, his foul in our penalty box in the first half was clearly a yellow, it was boundering on dangerous play, the block in the second was a yellow at least, apparantly Howard Webb has passed onto the refs that falling over equals a foul. We miss Revan on the left I hope he is back soon. last point well done to Eaves and Nombe, they really worked hard combined for the goal and gave their defence a lot to think about, they did tire and you would expect players to do that with a high press game, but there are clealry fitness issues across the squad, both managers this season have commented on the overall fitness, PW was excellent at getting fit players on the pitch and the difference it makes can be seen.
    Last edited by Derbymiller; 24-02-2024 at 05:31 PM.

Agree with "One good half" Don't think the second was crap, more that the opposition were better than us. It does happen.
    Fair enough mate. I only listened to it so it was just my feeling from the commentary.

How our ambitions have dipped since the beginning of the season:

1. Achieve the heady heights of mid table obscurity
    2. Avoid relegation
    3. Finish above Wednesday
    4. don't finish bottom

We are now left with:
    desperately hoping we beat Wednesday next week (and they go down because of it)
    Winning at least one away game.
    Not breaking any unwanted records - lowest points, longest away run without a win etc.

Not holding my breath

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Yet you had no problem constantly criticising the last manager.
    If you bothered to look through my posts during Taylor's reign I think you'll find that I kept schtum on the many occasions when it would have been easy to be critical.

I'll admit that I thought he wasn't the right appointment, but your point is factually incorrect.

If you bothered to look through my posts during Taylor's reign I think you'll find that I kept schtum on the many occasions when it would have been easy to be critical.

I'll admit that I thought he wasn't the right appointment, but your point is factually incorrect.
    I don’t read the matchday threads because I’m at the game. From what I could see you didn’t have nothing positive to say.
    If I’ve got that wrong I’ll apologise no problem. You can’t expect people not to criticise the manager he’s costing us points in a lot of people’s opinions. The usual faces I see at away games think the same.
    He’s taking us backwards and his records is woeful that’s not in question.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast