+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings v Crewe

I would play Slocombe Tues.

Hammond 5.5 Still think he's the best keeper at the club but wasn't great yesterday. Was a bit unlucky with the pen, he saved the shot and the striker trailed his leg to catch the keepers. It was a pen but he played for it after missing his chance.

Warner 4. He looks like a youth team player. Great for Norwich, not so much for us in relegation form. He's a neat footballer but not putting his body on the line. If we're playing a back four I'd be inclined to start Rawlinson. He's slow but makes few errors, attacks the ball and is physically brave.

Bostock 4. He cannot cover the ground needed at this level. He's offering no defensive cover and no assists to the front three. Options are limited for a straight replacement but we're getting out muscled in midfield week after week.

Crowley 4.5 Absolutely anonymous yesterday, we carried him. I'm not even sure what his position was.

Jatta 5.5 He's a big unit with pace and presence but his first touch looked iffy to me. To get the best from him we'll likely need to be breaking faster than we are at the moment. Opposition have ten men behind the ball by the time we cross the halfway line.I

The only game we've won recently, actually since December was when we didn't concede in the first 15 mins. The early goals are killing us. Yesterday, Wrexham, Stags, Gills, Barrow, Tranmere, Wimbledon, Grimsby and Harrogate all took early leads leaving us to chase the game.

Maynard 4.5 He's being let down by his players to a degree. It's not his fault that we didn't clear a straight forward curled ball for the first, that Bostock and Baldwin tangled for the second or Ashby didn't get down for the third. He is in charge though and the last two home games have seen us look dishevelled messes by the end and we don't look likely to score many goals either, which is a backwards step.
    That's not a team that's going up this season, we're lightweight overall and are coming off second best against organised hard working robust standard L2 teams. I'm glad we've points on the board because yesterday looked every bit as poor as our relegation season.

I would rate the performance overall as a 4, too many looking disinterested for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    I didn't think the second goal was a penalty. LAH did really well to make himself big, was sat stationary on the ground with the Crewe player some distance from him. He saved an almost certain goal.
    The Crewe player tripped on the outstretched leg. No pen for me.

NB : A referee gives direct kicks if a player is careless, reckless, or uses excessive force when committing these fouls:

Kicking or trying to kick an opponent
    Tripping or trying to trip an opponent
    Jumping toward an opponent
    Charging at an opponent
    Striking or trying to strike an opponent
    Agree with you on that ThaiPie. I though he did well to make spread himself large similar to the Shmeichels (who were influenced by 'Handball' goalkeeping) and he firmly planted his outstretched leg on the floor. The Crewe player looked like he was an aircraft trying to use an arrestor hook to land on an aicrcraft carrier the way he trailed his leg out. But I suppose that's the consequences of the f**k up in the defence in the first place.

Defo penalty, no objection from the Notts players or keeper, If it was the other way round we would be screaming for it.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Defo penalty, no objection from the Notts players or keeper, If it was the other way round we would be screaming for it.
    https://x.com/theboygosling/status/1...358375346?s=20

Looks soft to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Maybe soft, but would have made no difference to the result we were absolutely awful yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Maybe soft, but would have made no difference to the result we were absolutely awful yesterday.
    Absolutely, even if the ref was our 12th man yesterday, we would've still found a way to make crewe look like prime Barcelona.

Does look soft but given most times. Looks like the ref saw his arm more than the leg, seems to be very close to the Crewe leg? We all know how the game has gone these last 15 odd years, any contact and they are down and the refs are so weak they give it.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsPie View Post
    Agree with you on that ThaiPie. I though he did well to make spread himself large similar to the Shmeichels (who were influenced by 'Handball' goalkeeping) and he firmly planted his outstretched leg on the floor. The Crewe player looked like he was an aircraft trying to use an arrestor hook to land on an aicrcraft carrier the way he trailed his leg out. But I suppose that's the consequences of the f**k up in the defence in the first place.
    Yep

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast