+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ratings v Crewe

Quote Originally Posted by LincsPie View Post
    Agree with you on that ThaiPie. I though he did well to make spread himself large similar to the Shmeichels (who were influenced by 'Handball' goalkeeping) and he firmly planted his outstretched leg on the floor. The Crewe player looked like he was an aircraft trying to use an arrestor hook to land on an aicrcraft carrier the way he trailed his leg out. But I suppose that's the consequences of the f**k up in the defence in the first place.
    I've just had a second look. I actually see LAH makes first contact.
    Anyway, no point crying over spilt milk.

Never in his wildest dreams was it a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Defo penalty, no objection from the Notts players or keeper, If it was the other way round we would be screaming for it.
    I'm slightly concerned by the lack of protest by the players yesterday when the penalty was given and the same at Wrexham last week with the disallowed goal. I may be reading too much into it, but the lack of any really strong reaction indicates to me that the players are seriously low on confidence and resigning themselves to simply accept when it's going against us. Whilst I'm not advocating surrounding the ref, if players are truly passionate, it's that emotion that boils up when they perceive an injustice which is what I'm not seeing. They look almost passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I'm slightly concerned by the lack of protest by the players yesterday when the penalty was given and the same at Wrexham last week with the disallowed goal. I may be reading too much into it, but the lack of any really strong reaction indicates to me that the players are seriously low on confidence and resigning themselves to simply accept when it's going against us. Whilst I'm not advocating surrounding the ref, if players are truly passionate, it's that emotion that boils up when they perceive an injustice which is what I'm not seeing. They look almost passive.
    The goalie left his hand out and caught the trailing leg.. Penalty End of /

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The goalie left his hand out and caught the trailing leg.. Penalty End of /
    LAH has made contact with his right boot. The Crewe player hasn't got control of the ball, which is moving away from goal. There's no deliberate movement from LAH.
    If by some miracle of physics the Crewe player had recovered the ball, Notts have two players on the line. It's no pen, the Crewe player went to ground because he's lost the ball.
    Durham, Maybe we can exchange details of our opticians.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    LAH has made contact with his right boot. The Crewe player hasn't got control of the ball, which is moving away from goal. There's no deliberate movement from LAH.
    If by some miracle of physics the Crewe player had recovered the ball, Notts have two players on the line. It's no pen, the Crewe player went to ground because he's lost the ball.
    Durham, Maybe we can exchange details of our opticians.
    I agree with Durham it’s you that should have gone to Specsavers or you have black and white specs on.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I agree with Durham it’s you that should have gone to Specsavers or you have black and white specs on.
    No problem, this is why football is such a fascinating game.

Pen in my eyes, soft one but if it was Langstaff going down & it wasn't given this board would have gone into meltdown!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    No problem, this is why football is such a fascinating game.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I agree - another example was their captain’s thigh high ‘tackle’ on McGoldrick which you often see given as red cards in the Prem, but we didn’t even get a free kick yesterday. If that’s one of ours on an opposition player, their entire team would be surrounding the ref - but didn’t see one appeal.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast