+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings v Crewe

Should be interesting tonight. That was just an utter hot mess of a performance. Seriously worried about Maynard now. Changing shape after ten minutes just gives the players no confidence or belief in the work you have done preparing for the game.

LAH - Looks like we’ve found another GK no better than the hordes we’re already accumulating. Poor distribution, stranded to his line for their first, beaten at his near post for their third. In his defence, he was massively let down by his - 5

Macari - A toss up between him and Baldwin for the best defender, but that wasn’t difficult. Did play some nice passes and made some good tackles. Dithered and blundered for their third goal - 5

Baldwin - Shame about the collision with Bostock for their second. Otherwise I think he did ok. Tried to move forward and get us going - 6

Warner - Terrible. Utterly useless, was relieved when he was subbed. I was expecting Kelvin Wilson but we’ve got Matt Redmile. What has he done to keep his place in the side? Play him in the centre or don’t play him at all. - 3

Cameron - Think his time is up. Amazing that he has kept his place for so long, and captain as well. Really poor display. Did his customary falling over in the first minute and gave the ball away a lot - 4

Bostock - What’s happened to the player from earlier in the year? He looks shot and a calamity waiting to happen now. Just slow, languid and uninterested. All over the place - 5

Robertson - One of the only players to come out with any credit today. Looked combative, tidy and creative. Looking forward to the day he links up with Matty Palmer. For some reason known only to Maynard he was subbed. Clearly MOTM - 7.5

Macca - Missed a sitter of a header and that’s it. No service and on the periphery of the game - 5

Crowley - Did he play? - 4

Didzy - Thought he and Robertson were the only ones linking play up before his injury. Thought he should’ve done better with his volley at the end of the first half - 6

Jones - Tried his best and out in some dangerous crosses. He too was a little jaded today, but I’m snot surprised when he’s being shifted around all the time.

Subs

Nemane - ok, at least made a few things happen - 6

Jatta - Excited to see him play, but barely got on the ball. No good service to him. Interesting warm up before the game where he did literally nothing - 5.5

O’Brien - Are we going to have to call upon him again for the starting 11? Scored at least - 6

Austin - 5

Maynard - He may be a good coach but as manager he just doesn’t do it for me. A manager can motivate and inspire a team, I’m not sure he does that. We’re getting steadily worse. The only tweaks he has made are to our ‘goals for’ column. We’re approaching the point now where we can just start thinking about next season. The fans have been patient with him so far….lose on Tuesday then all bets are off. Got everything badly wrong today - 4

Maybe I’ll feel different about these ratings after a good nights sleep but that was rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Thought I'd start the ratings early, normally I'd wait till the emotions died down , but need to get it out my system -

Hammond - 4 At fault for at least 1 goal ( beaten at distance at near post ). Poor kicking and distribution. Took far too long on the ball.

Macari - 6 some great passes in first half , was at fault for 3rd, lost confidence as game wore on.

Baldwin - 6 Best of a bad bunch . At fault for 1 goal , played too many back passes but few important interventions.

Cameron 5 - Some half decent forward moves but terrible as per norm in defence and definitely nit Captain material. I'd be more motivated by watching paint dry.

Warner - 4 Just not his day, doesn't seem to have the pace he was brought in for, some poor passing, no confidence.

Bostock - 3 looks disinterested, lazy passing, got booked, gifted them a goal,no forward vision , just not last year's player and I wouldn't renew his contract.

Robertson - 7 MOM The driving force in first half, energy, desire, tackling and also some great through balls. Faded slightly in second half but bizarre substition.

Crowley - 5 Another who seems to have lost his mojo. Slow passing, far too many back passes, rarely took his man on and didn't even have an eye for goal.

Jones - 5 Rarely has a bad game but did today. Didn't take his man on half as much as usual. Too slow in putting crosses in, allowing them to reset. Their defence had the measure of him.

Didzy - 6 Lots of effort as always, few nice touches but looks jaded and needs a rest.

Langstaff - 5 Something has been off with McCauley since transfer Window. Lost his edge and goal scoring prowess. Not the poacher he was. Not helped by poor supply but league 2 defenders are getting wise to him now.

Subs O'Brien 6 - Lots of energy and running around, some scary moments too and at least got us a goal back and made last 15 mins worth watching .

Nemane - 5 - Continues to frustrate me with his stopping and not taking his man on. Missed a sitter, had couple other chances in box but dithered. Did at least put some effort in.

Austin - 5 Can't fault his energy , but can fault most of the rest. Rarely beat first man with crosses. 2 very weak headers in scoring positions. Looks devoid of any confidence.

Jatta - 7 At last an awkward and fast centre forward. Lots of energy and chased down several list causes. Caused them to panic at the back. Got no protection from ref and was pulled and pushed all over the pitch. Got a good feeling though.

Ref - 2 That's for turning up!! He gave them everything, was weak, clueless, fell for their time wasting and fake injuries. Dubious penalty and then didn't give us one the other way .

Maynard - 2 Oh dear ! Changed systems twice at least, destroyed the young lads confidence bringing him off so early. The team were flat, lacked energy, incisiveness and attacking acumen. We look like Burchnall side, far too often ball going back, too slow in build up and transition. A little worried to say the least.
    Try swapping Bostock and Langstaff rating you’d be about right then.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Thats pretty much a spot on summary...We are playing like a team in a relegation form...
    We ARE a team in relegation form - 14 points from the past 15 games. Huge game on Tuesday - SM needs a home win and a decent performance against the bottom team, otherwise things will get very toxic.

I honestly can’t remember the last time Bostock played well - Robertson is having to do everything in the middle of the park and we’re constantly losing the midfield battle as a result. Crowley is another one who’s gone missing in recent months. Worrying times.

LAH 4 - At fault, at least partially, for all 3 goals. Stood there like a tombstone for the first, gave the penalty away for the second and reacted far too slowly for the 3. Plus he continuously dawdled on the ball, and when he did play it long, his distribution was all over the place.

Macari 6 - Did okay, but nothing special today, but not really his fault.

Baldwin 5 - partially at fault for trying to waltz with Bostock prior to their 2nd goal, but was okay after that.

Cameron 3 - The guy is a horrendous defender and captain, would rather berate his teammates than encourage them. I'll be delighted when I don't have to see him in a Notts shirt again.

Warner 3 - Misplaced so many passes and was hooked after 25 minutes, what else needs to be said.

Robertson 6 - Best of the Notts players out there and at least he got stuck in.

Bostock 3 - Been horrendous for a long time now and just meanders around the pitch without a care in the world. A shadow of the player who single handedly pulled us from the brink at Wembley.

Jones 5 - Completed anonymous, if the opposition shuts him down, we're completely toothless.

Crowley 4 - Did absolutely nothing again today, and has been dreadful for a while now.

Langstaff 4 - Reminds me of Wootton a few years ago; gone right off the boil since January almost as if he's scared to get injured to not scupper a summer move.

McGoldrick 5 - Tried to make things happen but just isn't coming off for him at the moment. We'll be regretting giving him a 2 year deal at this rate.

Nemane 5 - We looked marginally better when he came on but that's not saying much. Still refused to beat his man yet again.

Austin 4 - Did nothing but miss a decent chance right at the end, not been great for ages now.

Jatta 6 - Looked decent, made some decent runs and put himself about a bit too. Very unfortunate to be booked too.

JOB 6 - His goal bumps up his score slightly but he didn't really do anything other than that.

Chicksen 5 - Okay but nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    LAH 4 - At fault, at least partially, for all 3 goals. Stood there like a tombstone for the first, gave the penalty away for the second and reacted far too slowly for the 3. Plus he continuously dawdled on the ball, and when he did play it long, his distribution was all over the place.

Baldwin 5 - partially at fault for trying to waltz with Bostock prior to their 2nd goal, but was okay after that.

Cameron 3 - The guy is a horrendous defender and captain, would rather berate his teammates than encourage them. I'll be delighted when I don't have to see him in a Notts shirt again.

Warner 3 - Misplaced so many passes and was hooked after 25 minutes, what else needs to be said.

Bostock 3 - Been horrendous for a long time now and just meanders around the pitch without a care in the world. A shadow of the player who single handedly pulled us from the brink at Wembley.

Jones 5 - Completed anonymous, if the opposition shuts him down, we're completely toothless.

Crowley 4 - Did absolutely nothing again today, and has been dreadful for a while now.

Langstaff 4 - Reminds me of Wootton a few years ago; gone right off the boil since January almost as if he's scared to get injured to not scupper a summer move.

McGoldrick 5 - Tried to make things happen but just isn't coming off for him at the moment. We'll be regretting giving him a 2 year deal at this rate.

Nemane 5 - We looked marginally better when he came on but that's not saying much. Still refused to beat his man yet again.

Austin 4 - Did nothing but miss a decent chance right at the end, not been great for ages now.

Jatta 6 - Looked decent, made some decent runs and put himself about a bit too. Very unfortunate to be booked too.

JOB 6 - His goal bumps up his score slightly but he didn't really do anything other than that.

I would temper the Langstaff comment but other than that bang on!

Agree largely with the original set of ratings. Feel like Maynard is probably overthinking and trying too hard currently, we changed system multiple times in-game today; this ‘flexibility’ has been held up as a good thing previously but I’m not sure. Don’t think it’s great for Nemane, for example, to be playing three different positions (RWB, LW, R within an hour. We were probably too far the other way under Williams, particularly away, in playing a very open 3-4-2-1 whatever happens, but at least the players were clear in what was being asked of them.

Don’t think today was quite as bad as the Gillingham defeat but after gifting them two early goals there was only ever one winner. Big game Tuesday night.

Ashby Hammond - 5 - First two goals were the other end to me but looked flat-footed for the first and obviously gave away the pen for the second. Third was a good strike in fairness. Like Stone, is the scapegoat for being slow/wayward with his distribution but there isn’t always a pass on; how we miss Palmer who was always available.

Macari - 6 - Solid, reliable, gave his all. Another one who played three completely different positions which clearly isn’t going to help him.

Warner - 5 - Unfortunate for him to be hooked so early but this was one of the calls Maynard got right. Primarily to give us a threat from the other flank, but it was another unconvincing individual performance.

Baldwin - 6.5 - Partially at fault with Bostock for second goal but otherwise another good display. Recovery pace saved us from a worse defeat a couple of times. Suspect he’ll be off when his contract expires in the summer; our best defender by a long way.

Cameron - 5.5 - The only one I’d disagree with in terms of the comments above, it isn’t helping him switching from LB to LCB four times a game but don’t think he did a massive amount wrong. Got forward well.

Bostock - 5 - A shadow of the player who (still) looked a cut above at the start of the season. I expect we offered him a new deal around that time and we may have dodged a bullet him not signing it as has been nowhere near the same since Palmer’s / his own injury. Offers no defensive protection nor penetration on the ball, too often happy taking the easy option today.

Robertson - 6.5 - Good, again. Decent strike early on and tidy in possession throughout, willing to take the ball under pressure. Looks a great addition given his age.

Jones - 5.5 - Had a good spell at the end of the first half when a goal may have changed the course of the game, but otherwise it was a rare off day. Looked very frustrated and will understandably be off in the summer if we finish anywhere near where we are in the league now.

Crowley - 5 - Didn’t get a look-in first half, then came deeper to get the ball but never going to affect the game from there. Another one the change(s) of shape isn’t really helping, losing the partnership he had with Nemane has made us much weaker going forward.

Langstaff - 5 - Not sold on the EFL’s top scorer playing left wing, but didn’t look himself even when he was down the middle, missing a couple of chances you’d back him to score when in-form.

McGoldrick - 6 - Comfortably the best of the usual front 3 today so a shame he picked up an injury. Probably does need his minutes managing more than we have done if we want him to be useful next season.

Nemane - 6 - As above, hard to rate given he played three totally different positions. Was the right sub to give us a threat from both wings, but generally didn’t do much with the positions he got into.

Jatta - 6.5 - Good early signs, an absolute unit but has pace and put himself about.

O’Brien - 6.5 - Will always provide an intensity that was otherwise lacking today.

Austin - 5.5 - Doesn’t work from the bench. One of the few who’s good off the ball as well as on it so could do worse then to start him occasionally, even if his sub appearances aren’t convincing. Has had very few opportunities in the position he played last season.

Chicksen - 6 - OK.

Ref - 3 - Dire. Didn’t get a free kick from him until 30 mins in and ignored their captain’s reckless knee high ‘tackle’ on McGoldrick. Another one who was happy to dish out yellows for the pointless things but couldn’t manage the game.

Maynard - 4 - Willing to give him time but relentlessly switching formations in-games (today’s first formation change came in the 6th minute) isn’t going to convince people you know what you’re doing, nor help the players. Things like swapping Jones and Nemane is nullifying the forward threat too. He’ll be given time here so needs to stay level headed, possibly trying too hard to prove himself currently.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post

Spot on imo

I didn't think the second goal was a penalty. LAH did really well to make himself big, was sat stationary on the ground with the Crewe player some distance from him. He saved an almost certain goal.
    The Crewe player tripped on the outstretched leg. No pen for me.

NB : A referee gives direct kicks if a player is careless, reckless, or uses excessive force when committing these fouls:

Kicking or trying to kick an opponent
    Tripping or trying to trip an opponent
    Jumping toward an opponent
    Charging at an opponent
    Striking or trying to strike an opponent

I’m frankly sick of watching the same issues.

I fear this situation is now far beyond turn around this season.

I suspect that’s the last 10k plus crowd we’ll see for a while.

Can’t honestly take any positives from yesterday. Even Jatta…….

I am honestly struggling to find the motivation to turn up, when the players seem to have stopped.

Probably a better idea would have been to spend the jatta money on a really decent goalkeeper, it's bad when our best still seems to be Slocombe.
    Must win Tuesday.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast