+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bomb squad

Bomb squad

From operating with a small squad earlier in the campaign where everyone was broadly involved, it suddenly looks like we’re carrying a lot of deadwood.

The following senior players haven’t made the pitch at all under Maynard:

- Tobi
    - Randall
    - Rawlinson
    - Slocombe (now fit/available again)

Brindley and Morais have briefly featured under him but it doesn’t look like they’re anywhere near the side now.

I guess the question is - are any of the above hard done to? Is there a way back into the team? Of the six, four are still under contract beyond the summer, which clearly presents a problem.

Personally thought Tobi was a useful squad player earlier in the campaign; a shame it looks like he’ll depart without ever really getting a run on the pitch. Randall seemed to come highly-rated but even when he has been fit hasn’t done anything to suggest he warrants more regular inclusion. Hard to see where he was supposed to fit in, given we had Jones and Nemane as starting wing backs with Tobi and Chicksen as cover.

Similarly, Morais needs to go and play football. A National League loan could work for him but even if Langstaff leaves in the summer it’s hard to see him somehow working his way back into things.

Brindley’s been a good servant for us but barring a massive change in circumstances will move on in the summer; always frustrating with him as he had the attributes to do more. Not sure what we’re supposed to do with Rawlinson and particularly Slocombe for another season.

Slocombe needs to be back as number 1. His only failure has been distribution, he wouldn't have let in the fiat goal yesterday, or most likely the third either. Stone needs shipping out and next year a stinking good keeper needs coming in

I think signing a quality goalkeeper has to be a real priority, especially if the team have to persist with all the aimless fannying about. It makes a competent keeper essential.

Well we would have been better off blooding Brooks he might not be the finished article but he cant be much worse than what we've seen can he ??!!

I have no idea what the keeper was doing on first goal he left 70% of goal open his positioning was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Well we would have been better off blooding Brooks he might not be the finished article but he cant be much worse than what we've seen can he ??!!

I have no idea what the keeper was doing on first goal he left 70% of goal open his positioning was awful.
    Absolutely, we can't keep loaning him out or he'll just up sticks and go. We need Slocombe back in Tuesday as both Stone and Hammond are not up to it. I have no idea what Tom Weal was thinking with these two!

Tobi and Randall are forever injured and Rawlinson is far too slow to cope with L2 strikers. They need releasing the end of the season, clear the decks.

Randall, Stone, Rawlinson, Cameron and Chicksen are all not good enough for the way we want to play in this league, unfortunately we gave them all 2 year contracts so will probably be stuck with them next season. That’s going to make it pretty difficult to recruit enough quality to go up next season as well.

Only Baldwin has done enough to earn a new contract for next season, but hoping that Scott will be offered one as well as I think most fans rate him.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Absolutely, we can't keep loaning him out or he'll just up sticks and go. We need Slocombe back in Tuesday as both Stone and Hammond are not up to it. I have no idea what Tom Weal was thinking with these two!

Tobi and Randall are forever injured and Rawlinson is far too slow to cope with L2 strikers. They need releasing the end of the season, clear the decks.
    One good thing at the moment is that Brooks is starting games in the NL for Rochdale. That will tell Notts if he’s ready to make the step-up next season. Don’t think he’s kept a clean sheet yet, though, so it will be interesting to see Rochdale fans make of him.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    One good thing at the moment is that Brooks is starting games in the NL for Rochdale. That will tell Notts if he’s ready to make the step-up next season. Don’t think he’s kept a clean sheet yet, though, so it will be interesting to see Rochdale fans make of him.
    I saw a post on one of their recent games where Rochdale fans said it was only Brooks' saves that were keeping them in games, so it sounds like the team at the moment is in a bit of a mess, probably aligned with their financial woes.

I feel so sorry for Rochdale 😀😃😄😁😆😅🤣😂

Does everyone think Maynard is the right man still?
    I know he's got to put his stamp on a team, but has he tried to change things too quick?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast