+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners will not take risks with our fanbase

Owners will not take risks with our fanbase

Having worked so hard to get a regular saturday 5 figure crowd ,any indication that is in jeopardy will mean action being taken.Yesterdays home crowd was 800 down on Barrow and Tuesday will be the seasons lowest.I came away depressed and i wont be alone.I think the manager is already at risk.

The problems that are obvious to everyone - especially opposition management - started long ago under Luke so the new manager shouldn't get the blame
    We play lovely football going forward but we aren't presently tough enough as a team
    I noticed in commentary yesterday that Dave Bracegirdle and Mark Stallard were talking about getting one or two big, strong, experienced central defenders in if we are ever going to compete in the EFL
    We all know that some of our players aren't good enough for this level. I believe the Wrexham manager even named one of our defenders who they deliberately targeted as they knew he's always likely to make a mistake or panic in possession

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Having worked so hard to get a regular saturday 5 figure crowd ,any indication that is in jeopardy will mean action being taken.Yesterdays home crowd was 800 down on Barrow and Tuesday will be the seasons lowest.I came away depressed and i wont be alone.I think the manager is already at risk.
    When we get a decent home crowd in one of the 'Special Offer' days we always seem to put in a crap performance.

A few rows away from me in the Pavis there were three 'dads' with about 10 kids of about 8 - 12 years between them.
    A good performance/result would possibly mean half of them would come to the next full price match,
    instead of going to the cinema or playing on the XBox on a Saturday afternoon.

I've often wondered if there's a corresponding drop in footfall/takings in the club shop after a crap performance.

First shout 'Maynard out' from the back of the Pavis 'A' but we can do without him trying to put his fist through the back of the stand - idiot!

Maynard tried to put his fist through the back of the stand? At least he show passion!

The problems may have been there under LW but he was able to motivate and make the players believe in themselves. They were coherent and together on the pitch, and exciting to watch.

What we are seeing now is the difference between a good manager and a poor manager with the same resources. The players haven’t all of sudden become poor over night.

I still think back to that first trining video under Maynard where him and the other coach were all shouting over each other. I don’t think anyone’s got a hold of this team at the minute, and the players are playing like it.

I think the owners will have their own metrics, fan base being one of them. But they won't (hopefully) be driven by the fan base alone and they know they are on a learning curve.

In a way I think we are suffering from last year's successes. Maybe a bit of a sense of "we've made it" compounded by a somewhat easy fixture list at the start of the season. Added to this was last season's momentum but as often is seen with promoted sides they start of very promisingly then they get sussed out. And once one team has shown how to deal with us everyone else follows suit.

Recruitment hasn't been the best and we have too many now. Obviously losing Matty is a big blow and the LW leaving, even though the overall picture was one of going backwards, or at least, of not keeping up.

It occurs to me that neither Bostock nor Crowley have really reached the heights they did before Crowley's salute to his faith. Bostock I suspect needs special management otherwise he would be at a much higher level.

But the owners will react calmly. Realistically this season is now consolidation. They will have learnt much for next season but I doubt that they will replicate the signings of Macca and Jodi who likely will be gone especially with LW there. The only real disaster would be to face another relegation in the next few years. A mid-table finish, in their view, will be better than we've achieved for over 5 seasons.

The problem is that if the season fizzles out,there will be an effect on season ticket sales.Our crowds are 3k up,some of that is down to away fans but we have scored 3 goals in the last 3 home games.The previous 3 at home saw 9 goals scored.In fairness to the manager our away performances have improved but its home form that brings the fans in.

Tuesday is now must win, I'm doubting him already though after that with his constant tinkering in game, the players don't know if they're coming or going.

6 games, 6 scored 10 against. 4 points 👉

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Tuesday is now must win, I'm doubting him already though after that with his constant tinkering in game, the players don't know if they're coming or going.

6 games, 6 scored 10 against. 4 points 👉
    Exactly people keep saying we had these problems under LW are misunderstanding what some of us are saying.

Under LW we had a CLEAR game plan, do we have that now ?

Yes we let goals in under LW but we always looked like scoring Crowley is suffering the most he is being chucked wide or all over the place.

Tuesday is must win now without doubt.

What do people mean when they say it's time to consolidate?
    it bugs me to death reading when things like this are written. You can't consolidate, that's like saying we're not expected to win many games so we won't try and win every game from now. It's rubbish
    We started well in the season and just have not adapted to changes where as other teams have
    We've been a one trick pony and when that fails we have nothing
    Persisting with the same patterns of play week in week out has been so easy for other teams to work out. We are blinded by this possession factor, whether that's from the owners or the managerial staff, but possession doesn't win matches. Especially our slow unimaginative obvious possession

We will finish up just above relegation and because of this consolidation, we will be starting from scratch again next season

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast