+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee United v Airdrie (H) 27th Feb

He's still in and around the team, saw him in the story of the match video they put on youtube, what I would like to know is if it's reoccurring or a new injury

Also Goodwin in his presser didn't mention him definitely being out of the QP game, said they'd have a decision to make, so timescale will be interesting

He did a fitness test on Saturday, so can't be that far away. It's still the same calf injury as far as I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Doc's problems may not all be physical. I am sure he will be back and will be desperate to get back playing, we just have to trust the club to make the right decision for when he ready to return.

I am still holding out hope that we might get a loan player in before then end of the week. I have heard that we have been trying a few players but no one is wanting to play for us for some reason! I think we are still one player short up front....so hopefully JG can pull a rabbit outta the hat for the run in!
    No one is wanting to play for us what a load of...

...not the players we have been looking at!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Liking that team Chick. Really think Meekison deserves a chance to see if he's more effective than Watt in providing service to Moult at speed. Unfortunately I just don't think Goodwin will drop Watt from the starting lineup. Clearly Thomson offers more going forward than Grimshaw but we can't afford counter attacks into big spaces on that side, he needs cover to roam. Grimshaw would provide that.
    At the risk of being repetitive I think JG should be telling Cudjoe and Middleton to swap for short periods just to create uncertainty in defenders. Just 10 minutes here and there.

3 points here is essential.
    Would love to see Meekison given a chance as surely he must be over his injury now, but like you say, i have doubts that Watt will loose his place. Given that Thomson pulled up with cramp late on, Grimshaw will get his place back, but a man can dream, eh!

The swapping of wingers, we did that regularly under a previous manager, and sometimes to very good effect. But Middleton usually gravitates to the middle in most games, and i noticed Cudjoe did that as well on Saturday. Wish they would give it a try at least.

Massive match and we need to get the three points

Going to be important as to who blinks first between us and Raith

I suspect the team will be :

Walton
    Grimshaw Holt Gallagher McMann
    Sibbald Tillson
    Cudjoe Watt Middleton
    Moult

Come on United !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Would love to see Meekison given a chance as surely he must be over his injury now, but like you say, i have doubts that Watt will loose his place. Given that Thomson pulled up with cramp late on, Grimshaw will get his place back, but a man can dream, eh!

The swapping of wingers, we did that regularly under a previous manager, and sometimes to very good effect. But Middleton usually gravitates to the middle in most games, and i noticed Cudjoe did that as well on Saturday. Wish they would give it a try at least.
    Cudjoe has to cut in because he hasn't really got the pace for a foot race, Middleton has the pace but because opposition managers know this they usually double up on him which means his crosses aren't as accurate as we'd want, or he has to turn back.
    The key to opening defences is that number 10 position behind Moult. That could be Cudjoe/Middleton cutting inside occasionally and from opposite wings and/or Meekison who looks like he could be ready to provide better service to Moult than Watt does. But 10 minutes at the end of a match is no use.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Massive match and we need to get the three points

Going to be important as to who blinks first between us and Raith

I suspect the team will be :

Walton
    Grimshaw Holt Gallagher McMann
    Sibbald Tillson
    Cudjoe Watt Middleton
    Moult

Come on United !!!!

Just got to keep winning, still have 2 point gap if you factor in goal difference, the goal diff will be there to the end as it's not getting overturned so Raith have to finish on more pts than us

Would not start Tillson, pity Spoony hit injured, and don't think Cudjoe will start

Think it'll be Kai Watt Middleton and Moult up tpp

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Just got to keep winning, still have 2 point gap if you factor in goal difference, the goal diff will be there to the end as it's not getting overturned so Raith have to finish on more pts than us

Would not start Tillson, pity Spoony hit injured, and don't think Cudjoe will start

Kai has been off the boil for a while - no doubt that he could start though

I still think Glass can do a job linking it up as part of the 2 defensive midfielders

Could also see meekison or Mochrie at some point

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Except we don't keep on winning though do we?

We have very up and down form and are not really stringing wins together, here's hoping though of course.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)