+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee United v Airdrie (H) 27th Feb

Dundee United v Airdrie (H) 27th Feb

Another quick turnaround! Not sure what our starting 11 will be after Saturday. I would like to see one of either Cudjoe or Thomson starting. I thought Cudjoe was causing the Queens defence issues all half... Although he was also causing our. defence issues as well! Thomson was putting in some great crosses, and I think our defenders might be the ones to get on the score sheet in this game. I don't think that both of them in the same teams works as it leaves is vulnerable on that side of the park. It is nice that we don't have a predictable line up, which should at least mean that the opposition has to do a bit of prep!

2-0 United - Moult and Gallagher

the 4-4-2 against a team like Airdrie is a bit of a worry. We might get out numbered in the middle of the park and having Tilson in a 2 is giving us very few options on the ball.

I dont see him dropping either moult or Watt and going 3 in the middle

I was critical of Thomson but, to be fair to him, I doubt he's played as a right back in a competitive game before Saturday! Honestly I think it showed, caught in the wrong place a few times second half.

Still he's a young lad and fair play to him for making a real good fist of it. He'll only get better as he adjusts to the position.

Agree about Thomson but we need to be secure at the back just now and while he adds something (his corners were good), I'd rather him be in tillson position than at right back as an example, get Grimshaw back in at rb

We also need to start getting the first goal, that's the last three matches we've gone behind, won 2 of them in fairness but still, important at this stage if the season but heading to work to get back into games

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I was critical of Thomson but, to be fair to him, I doubt he's played as a right back in a competitive game before Saturday! Honestly I think it showed, caught in the wrong place a few times second half.

Still he's a young lad and fair play to him for making a real good fist of it. He'll only get better as he adjusts to the position.
    There has been plenty said recently about how our players are criticised on here and in the stands, especially our youngsters, and here we have a lad on maybe his second start and he gets pelters! I would love to replicate the days of yore where a player makes his break into the team and looks like he has been there for years, but its just no gonna happen. I hope Thomson gets another game tomorrow as once n oot again just does not work in this development model we now have. Was he caught out of position on Saturday or playing as instructed with Cudjoe doing the backtracking, something Cudjoe has been criticised for not doing, with the added security of Gallagher back?

Walton,
    Thomson, Gallagher, Holt, McMann,
    Grimshaw, Sibbald,
    Cudjoe, Meekieson, Middleton
    Moult.

Just to be clear, there is no way I'd be critical of any young player at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    There has been plenty said recently about how our players are criticised on here and in the stands, especially our youngsters, and here we have a lad on maybe his second start and he gets pelters! I would love to replicate the days of yore where a player makes his break into the team and looks like he has been there for years, but its just no gonna happen. I hope Thomson gets another game tomorrow as once n oot again just does not work in this development model we now have. Was he caught out of position on Saturday or playing as instructed with Cudjoe doing the backtracking, something Cudjoe has been criticised for not doing, with the added security of Gallagher back?

Walton,
    Thomson, Gallagher, Holt, McMann,
    Grimshaw, Sibbald,
    Cudjoe, Meekieson, Middleton
    Moult.
    Liking that team Chick. Really think Meekison deserves a chance to see if he's more effective than Watt in providing service to Moult at speed. Unfortunately I just don't think Goodwin will drop Watt from the starting lineup. Clearly Thomson offers more going forward than Grimshaw but we can't afford counter attacks into big spaces on that side, he needs cover to roam. Grimshaw would provide that.
    At the risk of being repetitive I think JG should be telling Cudjoe and Middleton to swap for short periods just to create uncertainty in defenders. Just 10 minutes here and there.

3 points here is essential.

In Goodwin and Watt: with Docherty almost constantly out, it means Watt has to play, as Vice Captain.

Hopefully Docherty is back soon, but I'm not confident of that. Something is wrong there.

Doc's problems may not all be physical. I am sure he will be back and will be desperate to get back playing, we just have to trust the club to make the right decision for when he ready to return.

I am still holding out hope that we might get a loan player in before then end of the week. I have heard that we have been trying a few players but no one is wanting to play for us for some reason! I think we are still one player short up front....so hopefully JG can pull a rabbit outta the hat for the run in!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Doc's problems may not all be physical. I am sure he will be back and will be desperate to get back playing, we just have to trust the club to make the right decision for when he ready to return.
    Where are folk getting this from?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)