+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eddie Howe

Quote Originally Posted by toonozandy View Post
    If we get bundled out of the FA CUP against Blackburn, followed by losing at home to WOLVES - quite frankly, he may be sacked immediately.
    We dont know our new owners and how they see things. I dont want him to be sacked but if this happens (losing both games) it will be possible that he could be sacked. We are looking for a new sporting director. That could be also an factor. New guy could possible want an new manager.

Can't believe I am reading this. EH being sacked? FFS man

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Can't believe I am reading this. EH being sacked? FFS man
    Sorry. I just got the feeling after watching Arsenal game. He probably wont and merely started thinking about the situation because I dont know how our owners think.

If we get bundled out of the FA CUP against Blackburn, followed by losing at home to WOLVES - quite frankly, he may be sacked immediately.
    No he won’t.

Possibly,BUT, if we beat Blackburn and Wolves then he wont be, so all ifs and buts lets wait and see.Personally i hope hes here for the long term. Roll on summer, until then lets get behind the squad and management team, who have done us so proud up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by liikape View Post
    Sorry. I just got the feeling after watching Arsenal game. He probably wont and merely started thinking about the situation because I dont know how our owners think.
    Valid point. Nobody does.

But we have had a bad run through no fault of EH. Though to be fair there has been question marks around playing the same players no matter what but this aside, he is closer to the team in training and I 100% trust his judgement.

If they sack him now or in the summer, I would be more worried about the new owners than anything.

I dont think any manager would have done anything better than him, with the player material hes been working with this season.

If you want to blame anyone, its the medical team or the recruitment team that you have to point at.

Eddie has earned the right to get next season without any questions raised about hes position.

If were still in the same position - with the same squad, or stronger - just before xmas, I will be expecting actions from the board room. Given a normal injury situation.

Until then, you can feck right off for me.

As I understand it, Eddie, the medical team and the recruitment folk all worked under one man. Eddie has done a great job IMO.
    As for the other two? The tough part of being the boss is the buck stops with you, Dan Ashworth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)