+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Sutton United (H) 27.02.24

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    You really should have approached the club after the game on Saturday with that suggestion….they might have reduced the price for our special ‘supporters’ like you??
    As a supporter for over 40 years, a lifeline member, regular shopper at club shop plus various other ways I support club I'm entitled to my opinion and don't need personal jibes from a troll like you!!

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Clean sheets are good but they don't win games unless you get the ball in the oppositions onion bag Stu. Don't concentrate too much on making our defence invincible 'cause it ain't gonna happen. Lets get back to the fast flowing attacking football we used to play but with a bit more thought on defending now and again eh. We don't want to see 40 passes across the backline.
    We've got to try to get beyond 15 minutes before conceding though, he's right that we're effectively losing games by half time.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I can't help thinking Notts have missed a real trick here. £22 on a Tuesday after splashing out at weekend? Bottom team in division, atrocious performance on sat, must win game, they should have discounted this match!! I'm saving my money for this one and I bet I'm not the only one.
    I spoke to someone at the club recently about this (although not this particular game) and was told the club are not able to do as many discounted games this year due to Football League rules. I'm not sure why it is, but they said there's a lot more rules about it now we're back in the football league.

As a supporter for over 40 years, a lifeline member, regular shopper at club shop plus various other ways I support club I'm entitled to my opinion and don't need personal jibes from a troll like you!!
    Of course you’re entitled to your opinion just like everyone else but to call me a troll when you haven’t even met me…. I know I’m not Brad Pitt or even close!!
    Enjoy your evening!

Can we add a win, Lose or draw poll on these threads in future?? I've no idea which is the most popular of the 3 on what should be a straight forward 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Clean sheets are good but they don't win games unless you get the ball in the oppositions onion bag Stu. Don't concentrate too much on making our defence invincible 'cause it ain't gonna happen. Lets get back to the fast flowing attacking football we used to play but with a bit more thought on defending now and again eh. We don't want to see 40 passes across the backline.
    SM certainly does a good job of accentuating the positives!

But yeah, as for Notts defence, I think unless we bring in a completely new keeper and new back four we just have to admit we cannot defend to save our lives and concentrate on trying to score goals at the other end.

I can't help thinking Notts have missed a real trick here. £22 on a Tuesday after splashing out at weekend? Bottom team in division, atrocious performance on sat, must win game, they should have discounted this match!! I'm saving my money for this one and I bet I'm not the only one.
    You call yourself a supporter... If you had a season ticket it would have cost much less...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    You call yourself a supporter... If you had a season ticket it would have cost much less...
    Yeah well some of us have to work most weekends !! Do you just get off on annoying people Durham? Still managed 10 this season and over a lifetime countless 1000's but what a real fact to get in the way of your bull!

Hope he drops Cameron tonight

Did anybody watch the Coventry v Maidstone games last night. Maidstones left back Kyprianou
    He looked a very very good player, shame we couldn't have used radar to replace our poor defenders rather than players who can't get a game or are made of glass

I've had a look at the highlights of the last match, and it strikes me that what people have been saying about lacking a leader on the pitch is bang on. After that first goal someone should have been giving everyone else a good *******ing and letting them know that it isn't acceptable. The same goes with me of the missed chances, there were a couple of headers which really should have been buried, but nobody seemed that fussed. Nobody seems to be worried about consequences.

There was a good story about Man U after Cantona's tangle with the supporter. They had played badly and normally they would avoid going to the dressing room to let Ferguson calm down, but they were all eager to see what he said to Cantona so they went back only to be completely eviscerated, whilst he just told Cantona 'Eric, you just can't do that sort of thing'. The point being all the players were scared of the consequences from Keene and Ferguson of a poor performance and consequently held each other accountable at all times (apart from Cantona and Keene!). We don't have that and I think the players are happy to accept a lower standard than they should.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast