+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Sutton United (H) 27.02.24

📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Sutton United (H) 27.02.24

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Great news that Cedwyn is only a couple of weeks away from being back. We’ve really missed his energy at the top of the pitch - especially as a sub in the last 30 minutes of games.

I’d like to see Jones take Crowley’s position tomorrow - he’ll give us a little more energy higher up the pitch and be harder to pick up than when stationed out on the wing. Maybe also the Crewe loanee in place of Bostock. I’ll be surprised if we don’t start 3-5-2 - but maybe have Chicksen at LWB and Austin at RWB.

Clean sheets are good but they don't win games unless you get the ball in the oppositions onion bag Stu. Don't concentrate too much on making our defence invincible 'cause it ain't gonna happen. Lets get back to the fast flowing attacking football we used to play but with a bit more thought on defending now and again eh. We don't want to see 40 passes across the backline.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Great news that Cedwyn is only a couple of weeks away from being back. We’ve really missed his energy at the top of the pitch - especially as a sub in the last 30 minutes of games.

I’d like to see Jones take Crowley’s position tomorrow - he’ll give us a little more energy higher up the pitch and be harder to pick up than when stationed out on the wing. Maybe also the Crewe loanee in place of Bostock. I’ll be surprised if we don’t start 3-5-2 - but maybe have Chicksen at LWB and Austin at RWB.
    I like the sound of those changes. Austin was really good as LWB against Salford, but never gets a proper chance due to the cabal of players who always start no matter how badly they play. I’ve no idea whether the Crewe lad is any good but he can’t be any worse than Bostock’s been lately.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    ...he can’t be any worse than Bostock’s been lately.
    There's a two word response to that:

Dan Gosling

To be fair I agree with you - he's not the same player he was before his injury and it's got to be worth giving someone else a go now.

I can't help thinking Notts have missed a real trick here. £22 on a Tuesday after splashing out at weekend? Bottom team in division, atrocious performance on sat, must win game, they should have discounted this match!! I'm saving my money for this one and I bet I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I can't help thinking Notts have missed a real trick here. £22 on a Tuesday after splashing out at weekend? Bottom team in division, atrocious performance on sat, must win game, they should have discounted this match!! I'm saving my money for this one and I bet I'm not the only one.
    You really should have approached the club after the game on Saturday with that suggestion….they might have reduced the price for our special ‘supporters’ like you??

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Clean sheets are good but they don't win games unless you get the ball in the oppositions onion bag Stu. Don't concentrate too much on making our defence invincible 'cause it ain't gonna happen. Lets get back to the fast flowing attacking football we used to play but with a bit more thought on defending now and again eh. We don't want to see 40 passes across the backline.
    He’s right, though, that we need to be more determined to stop the opposition scoring. It’s just been way too easy all season and it’s not like we’ve conceded that many worldies or great team goals - all three on Saturday being the most recent examples of sloppy play and individual mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I'm saving my money for this one and I bet I'm not the only one.
    Your choice.

I'll be there cheering them on.

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    You really should have approached the club after the game on Saturday with that suggestion….they might have reduced the price for our special ‘supporters’ like you??
    Can't blame fans for not wanting to go, no doubt it'll be a crap game played in front of no atmosphere even if we win.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast