+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Might be worth a glance at how these finish toneet (Tuesday)

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    So do you select Cosgrove to start?
    Personally I wouldn't Eths but I'd be seriously contemplating it. Cosgrove was started at Fleetwood for a similar fixture(physical test) although it could be argued McAtee needed a rest for that game. We've seldom compromised on our style of play this season which is credit to Collins. However, Saturday may well be another time to do it.

Cosgrove gives us more physical presence up front than Cole or McAtee does. We now have a very uncompromising force in defence with the stature and presence of both Earl and Pines. Those two aren't gonna lay down and have their bellies tickled.

It's also no coincidence that we scored a very rare goal from a corner against Derby. That would suggest that our extra physical presence in an opponents penalty area may well have played a part in that.

Well it's all up for grabs now that's for sure , cracking results last night for us .

I'm not going to make any predictions but none the less happy to see the club in this position .

Put yourself in the mix which wasn't really the case last season and you have a shout .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well it's all up for grabs now that's for sure , cracking results last night for us .

I'm not going to make any predictions but none the less happy to see the club in this position .

Put yourself in the mix which wasn't really the case last season and you have a shout .

The only time I genuinely believed we were in the automatic mix last season was after we beat Wednesday 4-2. It was always too much to ask playing catch up and so it proved.

This season the leading teams are showing fallibility. We ourselves aren't as strong as last season either it has to be said. Our playing style has improved though imo and we have more character in terms of the ability to get results from losing positions.

I think the dedenders signed in January plug up the obvious weaknesses we had prior to Christmas. Having seen Earl laik a few games and Pines (who was colossal on Saturday) I'm definitely encouraged and starting to believe. These two could make the difference in terms of us getting automatic promotion, something I felt we were just short of doing until prior to the Derby game. These two defenders may be the final pieces of the jigsaw as it were.

This time last week we were 8/1 for an automatic spot. We are now priced at 3/1. There's nowt in it now. It's now only 2 defeats in 23 league games since the beginning of October. That's real consistency. Tha can't argue wi that. Do we have the bottle and staying power? Wiss find art wint we but at least we have a realistic opportunity

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123