+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Sutton United FC 27.02.24 [EFL L2]

Right I'm off to bed as can't take anymore

My honest opinion based on nothing other than gut instincts is that Luke Williams was the glue holding the squad together both on the pitch and as a group.

Jones is our best player technically and I'm sure he probably knows this. His and Langstaff's interactions when celebrating goals have always struck me as reluctant. There's a lot personalities that could clash and be quite petulant. We don't have the resilience, the fight or passion that a harmonised squad rolling up the sleeves for their new manager has. Which I'd suggest boils down to ego and that they've probably had opposition players or mates taking the piss asking when their gaffer is coming to fix the WiFi.

I don't doubt that technically they could beat any side in this division if they were all at their best. I think they're weak mentally. Bully is a term often thrown to Wrexham but I think it suits us better. We took the piss and passed the little teams to death last season but where's the bravery or the *******s this year when it's an even playing field and the chips are down? We crumble defensively time and again. It's the worst I can remember us being at the back, whether that's statistically the case or not - they have to do so little to break us down.

Ruben and LW were the heart and soul of last season and we've lost both.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    If Maynard puts a possitve spin on this he needs to be sacked immediately.... the shocking thing is we don't have anybody else to replace the shambles of a backline that we have, I would almost call up the reserves at this point... just simply apauling to watch Baldwin and Co constantly balls things up...this is the team rock bottom of the league and they should of beaten us by a wider margin which is a complete indictment of our season since Christmas... we are in some serious trouble now... we are lucky that we have enough points to stay up but can see us finishing bottom 6 at best, Bradford will absolutely batter us on Saturday...sad times indeed
    True he didnt put any spin on it I mean you cant really can you ?!

Today we can safely say Nemane/Cameron didnt balls up and actually not too bad.

As you say we have enough points so all good this season but next that is already a concern for me.

Before I do though, one last thought... Something is and I suspect has!been wrong behind the scenes for sometime, Luke knew it and he left

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Before I do though, one last thought... Something is and I suspect has!been wrong behind the scenes for sometime, Luke knew it and he left
    Yet some clowns thought HE was the problem and overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    My honest opinion based on nothing other than gut instincts is that Luke Williams was the glue holding the squad together both on the pitch and as a group.

Jones is our best player technically and I'm sure he probably knows this. His and Langstaff's interactions when celebrating goals have always struck me as reluctant. There's a lot personalities that could clash and be quite petulant. We don't have the resilience, the fight or passion that a harmonised squad rolling up the sleeves for their new manager has. Which I'd suggest boils down to ego and that they've probably had opposition players or mates taking the piss asking when their gaffer is coming to fix the WiFi.

I don't doubt that technically they could beat any side in this division if they were all at their best. I think they're weak mentally. Bully is a term often thrown to Wrexham but I think it suits us better. We took the piss and passed the little teams to death last season but where's the bravery or the *******s this year when it's an even playing field and the chips are down? We crumble defensively time and again. It's the worst I can remember us being at the back, whether that's statistically the case or not - they have to do so little to break us down.

Ruben and LW were the heart and soul of last season and we've lost both.
    100% agree LW was key and im glad people can now see it.

When Ruben joined Oxford people questioned it not sure why higher league and more money.

Get used to it as we have 10 games or so left of Jones/Langstaff too.

That really should not have been a difficult game for this team to win. Something is very, very wrong here, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Yet some clowns thought HE was the problem and overrated.
    It's crystal clear Luke held together a weak team full of over inflated egos and if it's true Baldwin told the kop to f off , he shouldn't wear the shirt for rest if this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    That really should not have been a difficult game for this team to win. Something is very, very wrong here, that's for sure.
    Yes the guy picking the team.

Remember we were slipping under LW too, funny that as last 2 home games were 3-0 / 5-0.

Nobody can defend this tonight nobody its so bad its untrue.

I'm really worried about next season now.

When LW was appointed, I didn't know who he was, but as soon as I saw some interviews and read up about him I felt positive and I had a really good feeling. It was intuitive.
    When we appointed Maynard I basically had no feelings whatsoever. Nothing intuitive and nothing that bred excitement.
    Always listen to your gut. At this point my gut says SM can't have long left now. He's out of his depth and will end up getting us relegated next season. Or am I being too knee jerk?
    Warnock would have sorted this lot out, even if it was just until the end of the season.
    Who cares if it didn't fit the philosophy for a few months? It's better than watching 3 or 4 goals get banged in against you every week.
    L2 IS A DIFFERENT ANIMAL.....THE BROTHERS REALLY NEED TO TAKE THIS ON BOARD.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast