+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Sutton United FC 27.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Cameron had argument with some fans near the dugout. It was most aggression shown by any of our centre-halves all night!
    Well, I was one of the many posters on here predicting a Notts defeat on the thread,
    but I did not think it would be quite as bad as happened.

Summary:
    We cannot defend to save our lives.
    We are bullied & out-fought practically every game.
    Maynard is hopelessly out of his depth.
    We are in freefall. How many points to avoid the dreaded "R" ?

PS:
    Is there something in Notts' contract which says we have to give a penalty away every ------ game?

An utterly depressing night. Yet again we conceded from the first hopeful cross into our box, and then decided to give them the lead back with another mistake that a Sunday morning player would be embarrassed by. Worst of all, when we got back to 3-3 all the attacking came from them!!! We should have been all over them looking for a winner but we could barely get out of our own half. It's hard to defend Maynard, but most of the players should be ashamed of their 'efforts' tonight. We were deservedly beaten by the worst team in the EFL because they outfought us.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    The awful back pass was from that idiot Baldwin.
    Yes, apologies to Warner.

Is anyone going to address the 🐘 in the room, that useless 6ft4 Gambian lump we paid 150,000 euros for.
    Thought Cameron had a decent game.
    Time for Jim back at the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Is anyone going to address the 🐘 in the room, that useless 6ft4 Gambian lump we paid 150,000 euros for.
    He's not useless though, it's just we lump it long to him. Actually play like we would to Macca and he'll thrive

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Too early to judge...not match sharp by a long way yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He's not useless though, it's just we lump it long to him. Actually play like we would to Macca and he'll thrive
    Far too early to write him off, or declare him the new messiah for that matter. This is his first experience in English league football and he'll need time to adapt, plus he's effectively been thrown to the lions in his last two sub appearances, coming into a team losing, lacking in confidence, and not yet sure how best to play to him. The lad needs to be given time and patience by 'supporters'.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Sorry, do not agree. That free header at the back post from the corner was not because defenders are told to play the ball out. Rawlinson being unable to kick the ball isn’t because of the way we play. They are just utter crap.

They are crap. They were crap last season as well no matter what the table says.
    That's a bit extreme....I think you'll find, as a team, they did ok last season. New division should bring in new tactics - that's where we have fallen down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    That's a bit extreme....I think you'll find, as a team, they did ok last season. New division should bring in new tactics - that's where we have fallen down.
    And new competent defenders, that's where we have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Before I do though, one last thought... Something is and I suspect has!been wrong behind the scenes for sometime, Luke knew it and he left
    Strangely enough, l joked with my brother that since the Taylor Swift story broke the team has under performed. I just wonder that there was some truth in a possible takeover and when it was stopped by the club, the players lost a bit of heart, hoping that they would have been playing for Wrexham/Netflix type club? Just a thought.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast