+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Give the manager more time

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    You can admire LW has much as you like.
    Thank you for allowing us that, in my case I admire Luke Williams massively. He gave us a season I never dreamed would happen, we won loads of games, scored loads of goals, conceded very few, played great football, increased attendances and got promoted via a Wembley final.

If you ignore all of that, he was pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous. So the feel good factor they’ve created by bringing in a great brand of football, on the whole very good recruitment, introduction of sound system, investing in the boxt fan park and already put in absolutely millions and a few months of indifferent results they need holding to account straight away? Crazy.
    Whilst it's true to an extent - it's a priority list. If you assessed which were the priorities then the results on the pitch is top every time.

Recently, I don't think anyone is playing at their full capacity or what they've shown to be capable of.

If we basically fumble to the end of the season it won't be beneficial for us at all. The more we win and Langstaff and Jones are on form - the better our bargaining power in the summer if / when clubs come calling.

We can still make the play-offs which I think gate receipts is 12.5% of all the semi-finals and 25% of the final. It's not unachievable but we need to see a huge upturn in form and attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Thank you for allowing us that, in my case I admire Luke Williams massively. He gave us a season I never dreamed would happen, we won loads of games, scored loads of goals, conceded very few, played great football, increased attendances and got promoted via a Wembley final.
    But apart from the above, what has he ever done for us?

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Whilst it's true to an extent - it's a priority list. If you assessed which were the priorities then the results on the pitch is top every time.

Recently, I don't think anyone is playing at their full capacity or what they've shown to be capable of.

If we basically fumble to the end of the season it won't be beneficial for us at all. The more we win and Langstaff and Jones are on form - the better our bargaining power in the summer if / when clubs come calling.

We can still make the play-offs which I think gate receipts is 12.5% of all the semi-finals and 25% of the final. It's not unachievable but we need to see a huge upturn in form and attitude.
    But footballs just not that simple, even if you do everything right or to the best of your abilities football has so many uncontrollables. Are we saying they need to sack Maynard or they need scrutinising over recruitment or both? Well they can’t do anything about the recruitment now and none of us truly know how SMs going to be, they will know more than us with people on the ground at training and their decision either way will be a load more informed than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post

I also think we’ve realised that certain players have hit their ceiling, it was evident under LW, I wouldn’t say any player has seriously dropped that much in form since SM got here. I think there a loss of confidence accumulated from letting so many goals in throughout and at home now it’s coming out more as they feel the pressure more, we’ve had some very good performances at least away if not the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    But apart from the above, what has he ever done for us?
    The defence has certainly been Roman all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    100% this. There’s been a lot of yap on here about Maynard’s prospects but the bottom line is that in Williams’ last two home games we had two of the best performances of the season and since he left we’ve had THE 3 worst performances. That could be the players being mardy, it could be the head coach isn’t getting his ideas across, either way it’s bad.

I don’t think the owners will be as patient with failure as some seem to think. Very winnable game on Saturday, a repeat of the Sutton fiasco will mean they have to act imo.
    Good points. As it stands, we are plummeting towards a relegation battle. We weren't before Luke buggered off. Where are the next three points coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    ....Where are the next three points coming from?
    Probably Meadow Lane on Saturday. Fingers crossed eh?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Probably Meadow Lane on Saturday. Fingers crossed eh?
    Doubtful.

We should be able to beat AFC Wimbledon at home. I will be disappointed if we don't. They aren't even in great form ATM.

But yeah we're in worse form at present and on trend we'll score a bunch of goals but concede at least one more.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast