+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Dennis Bergkamp Among Consortium to Buy a Lower League Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Tony will never sell up he ticks over annually very nicely thank you.
    Got to be careful though Brin, with his Ticker, big cigars & wine will take their toll.

Derby are in safe hands and their chairman will not be up for selling his club.One factor to consider in any buyer maybe the overheads they inherit.There are none at NYS and no long term contracts.

Again, why are people thinking this is likely?

This group won't have incomes the way business owners do.

That's obvious to see at Salford where footballers who were paid significantly higher than those listed here, who have renowned for having successful real estate and other ventures, are looking for someone else to put the money in.

Wrexham is a very different situation, not one this group could replicate in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Again, why are people thinking this is likely?

This group won't have incomes the way business owners do.

That's obvious to see at Salford where footballers who were paid significantly higher than those listed here, who have renowned for having successful real estate and other ventures, are looking for someone else to put the money in.

Wrexham is a very different situation, not one this group could replicate in any way.
    The article (which is a little sketchy) talks of investors behind the core group - nobody knows what funding level they're at, but presumably not operating in corner shop circles.

Bergkamp will most likely have had similar wages to the Co92, given his length of stay, profile etc at Arsenal - but this is immaterial if he's the operational lead for investors.

Salford is a different level project. Wrexham is a different model, and would be pretty embarrassing.

I don't know if anyone thinks this is likely (for RUFC). I don't because TS won't part with his "loss-making" toy without a silly fee, and I think there are aspects of our club which would make the takeover unrealistic when the value gets inflated. That's not to say I'd be unhappy with the concept - it's relatively novel, hits some of the right notes which people talk about (a lot), and seems a lot more progressive than what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post

I don't know if anyone thinks this is likely (for RUFC). I don't because TS won't part with his "loss-making" toy without a silly fee, and I think there are aspects of our club which would make the takeover unrealistic when the value gets inflated. That's not to say I'd be unhappy with the concept - it's relatively novel, hits some of the right notes which people talk about (a lot), and seems a lot more progressive than what we have now.
    TS has had two opportunities to sell that were more than enquiries. You're right that I don't think he's willing to sell, but given he's clearly had a stroke of some kind I wouldn't be surprised to see the club sold in the next few years.

New owner could well be Chris Rea.

However, again, you're suggesting this group would be interested in us and the issue would be TS valuation. I don't think it's a serious article and I don't think, looking at L1 clubs, that it would be us they'd go for. TS isn't the reason it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    TS has had two opportunities to sell that were more than enquiries. You're right that I don't think he's willing to sell, but given he's clearly had a stroke of some kind I wouldn't be surprised to see the club sold in the next few years.

New owner could well be Chris Rea.

However, again, you're suggesting this group would be interested in us and the issue would be TS valuation. I don't think it's a serious article and I don't think, looking at L1 clubs, that it would be us they'd go for. TS isn't the reason it won't happen.
    I don't know how serious the article is. A very similar one got shared around a couple of months ago, but neither time on a 'serious' site. I don't think (and didn't intentionally imply) that they would look at Rotherham, just that the price would make it a non-starter. As wrong as this may sound, TS hasn't looked in great health for some time, and the timing may not necessarily be his choice if it's not in the near-ish future.

So these Dutch guys buy the club , any club for that reason . Then what? They all want roles at the club. I’ve read Larrson wants to be a manager . That’s ok , to start with . What happens if he doesn’t do a very good job as the manager ? The others going to sack him ? There mate, one of the investors . No . Don’t see it working at any club, let alone ours . For that reason, I’m Out .

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    So these Dutch guys buy the club , any club for that reason . Then what? They all want roles at the club. I’ve read Larrson wants to be a manager . That’s ok , to start with . What happens if he doesn’t do a very good job as the manager ? The others going to sack him ? There mate, one of the investors . No . Don’t see it working at any club, let alone ours . For that reason, I’m Out .

You sound like a Dragon from the Den MillerJ81, You need to be at Millwall.

Question - how low is low?

Outside the Premiership?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    You sound like a Dragon from the Den MillerJ81, You need to be at Millwall.
    Only watched us once at Millwall. The 4 nil one . Lee got sent off . After the match remember the Millwall fans laughing at us on the way out the ground,I’m thinking glad the score wasn’t the other way round . Couple of seasons later was the 6 nil game . They actually clapped us off the pitch apparently. That doesn’t happen every week there . Good times under Ronnie Moore .

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567