+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who would your next manager be

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    .... Are financial restrictions behind the lack of defenders or poor analysis by Football Radar? Who knows, but we did just splurge plenty of cash on Jotta.
    That would have cost rather more than Jatta did!

The thing is, when you vent your spleen at the owner and they, say, call you a moron (in fairness there were two of us) on a messageboard then it doesn't really encourage your support of the club under their regime. Our curent owners seem above that type of engagement, to be fair. And I prefer them to Trew and Hardy, who wouldn't. It's easier for us all to put the blame on their oppo, be it Rodwell, who did get plent of stick, or now Montague.

I am now slightly uncertain of owners decision making but let's see how they move on from here. Are financial restrictions behind the lack of defenders or poor analysis by Football Radar? Who knows, but we did just splurge plenty of cash on Jotta.

Curiously to Viborg, a club they have invested in, so you could say they've taken money out of Notts and put that money into their other club to move a player who, position wise, was not our priority. Maybe he'll turn out to be great for us, but if not, that transfer troubles me.

I suppose it doesn't really matter who supporters direct their anger at, the owners will become aware of it regardless. I don't think it's fair, but then it does make some sense to save the main target for when things seriously go awry and we aren't there yet, but I've seen very very little to suggest they have what it takes to live up to the levels of support this club has had in the past and certainly not now, which has to be the benchmark for success or failure for any owner. Nobody would claim Man United's owners of the past decade or so have been a success because they've maintained their position finishing above the likes of Wolves, Crystal Palace and Everton, their numbers demand more than that and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Curiously to Viborg, a club they have invested in, so you could say they've taken money out of Notts and put that money into their other club to move a player who, position wise, was not our priority. Maybe he'll turn out to be great for us, but if not, that transfer troubles me.

I suppose it doesn't really matter who supporters direct their anger at, the owners will become aware of it regardless. I don't think it's fair, but then it does make some sense to save the main target for when things seriously go awry and we aren't there yet, but I've seen very very little to suggest they have what it takes to live up to the levels of support this club has had in the past and certainly not now, which has to be the benchmark for success or failure for any owner. Nobody would claim Man United's owners of the past decade or so have been a success because they've maintained their position finishing above the likes of Wolves, Crystal Palace and Everton, their numbers demand more than that and rightly so.
    Probably it isn't fair but Montague does come across as arrogant. Talking about the recent transfer window without a manager, he said they were perfectly capable of pursuing their targets on their own (or similar). OK, it worked for Langstaff before LW but it didn't quite work out that way this time.

I do believe the buck stops at the top and I am also concerned our owners don't have the resources to take us much further but that is what we are stuck with for now. Surely if they walked away though, it would be an admission that the Football Radar project had failed. They can't afford that to happen.

Man United's business plan under the Glazers was to finish in the top 4, get into the CL and generate cash. That's all that mattered to them, winning trophies was immaterial. But the Glazers were not hands on and left it to Woodward then Arnold and Murtough who couldn't even achieve that. Ratcliffe will hopefully put a stop to that because as a PL without a successful Man United side is a worse place for it.

Probably it isn't fair but Montague does come across as arrogant. Talking about the recent transfer window without a manager, he said they were perfectly capable of pursuing their targets on their own (or similar). OK, it worked for Langstaff before LW but it didn't quite work out that way this time.

I do believe the buck stops at the top and I am also concerned our owners don't have the resources to take us much further but that is what we are stuck with for now. Surely if they walked away though, it would be an admission that the Football Radar project had failed. They can't afford that to happen.

Man United's business plan under the Glazers was to finish in the top 4, get into the CL and generate cash. That's all that mattered to them, winning trophies was immaterial. But the Glazers were not hands on and left it to Woodward then Arnold and Murtough who couldn't even achieve that. Ratcliffe will hopefully put a stop to that because as a PL without a successful Man United side is a worse place for it.
    You're being unreasonably negative. We're not "stuck" with the owners, we're lucky to have them and they've just invested in or long term leased a bit of prime real estate for the club to turn into a fans zone.
    You seem to think that a promotion push is a given, almost a right and it's not, it's a bonus in our first season back, losing our manager and lynchpin of the team in Palmer.

Arrh, takes me back to my finest hour on here, Ray Trew calling me and bo morons and nearly everyone else on here Piling on us in support of Trew.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Arrh, takes me back to my finest hour on here, Ray Trew calling me and bo morons and nearly everyone else on here Piling on us in support of Trew.
    IIRC that was about an hour after we'd taken Liverpool to extra time at Anfield, when you'd expect an owner who occasionally used social media to log in and thank the fans for their fantastic support on a night that had exceeded all realistic expectations, but no, he decided that was the right moment to log in and insult somebody,

Fast forward to 2019... " Labour Abuse Authority officials refused Trew a licence, finding his previous conduct 'extremely concerning' and declaring him to be 'not fit and proper' and 'a serious defaulter.'".

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    You're being unreasonably negative. We're not "stuck" with the owners, we're lucky to have them and they've just invested in or long term leased a bit of prime real estate for the club to turn into a fans zone.
    You seem to think that a promotion push is a given, almost a right and it's not, it's a bonus in our first season back, losing our manager and lynchpin of the team in Palmer.
    I am not being negative at all. In fact, UTM was convincing me the owners were to blame rather than Montague, which was my view. Stop picking on people's posts and find something worthwhile to say yourself.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 28-02-2024 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was you who was the other 'moron' but you have come clean now. Being piled on is normal for here though.

I am not being negative at all. In fact, UTM was convincing me the owners were to blame rather than Montague, which was my view. Stop picking on people's posts and find something worthwhile to say yourself.
    I wasn't picking on you, I was just putting an opposing view to your thoughts, it's a messageboard.

Yeah, I thought it was you who was the other 'moron' but you have come clean now. Being piled on is normal for here though.
    I remember a certain thread from his time here and I left a kinda sarky comment on it and he snapped back at me very quickly, would love to remember what it was but I said something about scrapping the bottom of the barrel about some signing and he let me have it both barrels ha ha 😂

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast