+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Takeover comfirmed

Cheers lads for all the good wishes - much appreciated COYB!!!

Good interview and said a lot of the things we've been waiting to hear (not least keeping Corberan!). Comes across as passionate but thoughtful and ambitious but realistic. Also seems genuinely interested in the club and it's history and values. Very early days of course but, like many, I have a good feeling about him and the new era we embark on under his ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Good interview and said a lot of the things we've been waiting to hear (not least keeping Corberan!). Comes across as passionate but thoughtful and ambitious but realistic. Also seems genuinely interested in the club and it's history and values. Very early days of course but, like many, I have a good feeling about him and the new era we embark on under his ownership.
    Good sum up Omeg.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsombaggie View Post
    Fantastic news - got a big op coming up on Monday & at least I can go in to it feeling happy!!!
    As others have said, very best wishes for Monday and hope you make a speedy recovery

He certainly talks the talk but let’s wait and see whether he can walk the walk.

I remember when many were excited when Lai took over talking the talk and even treating all the supporters to a free scarf at the Palace match in London.

He’s an overseas investor - knows very little about football - his fortune in terms of football owners is not that big. Give me an owner like the Brentford or Brighton one any day of the week - they are there every match and connect with the local community!

We will see but certainly not excited yet especially by a foreigner who was looking to buy A football club and he was attracted because it was a good price!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    He certainly talks the talk but let’s wait and see whether he can walk the walk.

I remember when many were excited when Lai took over talking the talk and even treating all the supporters to a free scarf at the Palace match in London.

He’s an overseas investor - knows very little about football - his fortune in terms of football owners is not that big. Give me an owner like the Brentford or Brighton one any day of the week - they are there every match and connect with the local community!

We will see but certainly not excited yet especially by a foreigner who was looking to buy A football club and he was attracted because it was a good price!
    Agree with a lot of what you say and the proof will certainly be in the pudding as they say but, based on what little we have seen so far, I'm allowing myself to be cautiously optimistic for a change!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)