+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Port Vale

A good win and nice to see Gayle on the score sheet. To be fair only the performance against Charlton was dismal, but the pressure is on. we have to keep picking up maximum pts.

Bit of a comedy goal to set us on our way, then two well taken ones. Should have had more, but 3-0 and a week of rest and recovery will suit and DG’s goal should be a weight off his shoulders.
    With Barnsley hosting Bolton next week the table will look a little different by next Saturday but all we can do is get the three points at Brizzle.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 02-03-2024 at 07:30 PM.

Nice result. Needed it with other results yesterday. Bolton in 2 weeks is huge.

Also makes it a nice Saturday to win them marvel at the comedy gold over at the city ground later.

What s bizarre club they are, even employing an ex ref to be their spokesperson when things don't go their way.

One thing that was a bit painful to watch yesterday was the efforts to play out from the back, it seems they are going through Bradley while we have a back 3, and he doesn't look comfortable doing it. Also our thrownins were bloody useless for the most part. Other than that it was an enjoyable game, Ward especially back to the form he showed earlier in the season. BUT ward and Sibley both had a relatively easy day defensively as PV weren't very good own the wings (or at all) IMO

Here's a post I put in DCFC 1884 on FB in reply to My mate Mike's post...

Ramstv for me, Mike, here in the Nahe Valley in Germany doing a little wine sampling. When Gayle puts the 3-0 away you'll likely hear me cheering ��

Not a bad guess. It was 3-0 and Gayle did score but it was the second.

Decent performance overall. I don't recall JW having to make a save and their stat of 0 shots on target verifies my recollection.

Sibley's first was a stroke of genius , I mean, who else would have had the audacity to play a cannon off a defender and the keeper Rightfully credited to him IMO as it was heading inside the right hand post. Good pass from Ward for the ball.

Gayle's was an excellent header from a well placed cross from Adams.

Sibs 2nd was put away with venom from another good cross from Ward who had, IMO, far and away his best game in a Derby shirt.

I thought the ref was fair and even handed, let the game flow and pulled players up when necessary.

Hopefully this improved performance will signal a return to better days and the end of the D&G of successive 2-1 defeats having gone 1 up.

Good opening 25, after which they slowly got back into it and enjoyed a fair amount of possession and territorial advantage without looking dangerous in the first half. 2nd half they had a header which went just wide, the same player also had a shot which was yards wide. Apparently, they also had a 3rd shot, I must have blinked

Brizzle Rovers away next. Here's hoping we keep Coldplay quiet. Then it's time for revenge against Reading who do seem to get more good results against us than they should and then the biggy at home to Bolton. I shall be at the latter 2. Not seen us lose yet, this season. 4 wins and a draw. Looking forward to 6 and 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)