+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Port Vale

Matchday Thread: Rams v Port Vale

Well we've got out of jail free twice this week and remain 2nd

I disagree with MA a bit on the Charlton game, I think we were only 'adequate' even in the first half. We were dire in the second, and its happening too much.

My prediction? 3-1 Derby. we'll be on fire
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 29-02-2024 at 07:08 PM.

3-0 Derby, Port Vale will be gifting us 3 points and Gayle a confidence boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Well we've got out of jail free twice this week and remain 2nd

I disagree with MA a bit on the Charlton game, I think we were only 'adequate' even in the first half. We were dire in the second, and its happening too much.

My prediction? That I will be sitting steaming at an irrelevant lunchtime rendezvous while you all 'enjoy' the game!
    Opinions will differ and that's fine. I thought the first half hour was excellent until we got near their penalty area when we failed to find openings. First shot was 30 odd yards from Nyambe wide right on 18 minutes and the 2nd on 24 from just outside the box, centrally, from Smith. 3rd was the goal, which IMO could easily have been disallowed. However, the ratting press, the getting on 2nd balls first and the interplay up to the half hour mark was very good. For some reason we seem incapable of playing 2 decent halves in the same game.

I'll be watching this one online in Bad Sobernheim, Rheinland Pfalz with a bottle or 3 of Kirner Pils to help keep me sane.

Time for the 5 nil I think

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Time for the 5 nil I think
    Oh God! Please don’t say that!

I’m giving up on predictions. We don’t know what we’re getting from one half to the next let alone each game at the moment, but please play Nelson and Cash together in a back four, stick Bradley on the bench to come on in the closing minutes to protect a nice 2-0 lead and work out what you want from NML.

I reckon big Darren will have his players well primed for this game, our wobble continues as we concede late to drop 2 more points. 2-2.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh God! Please don’t say that!

I’m giving up on predictions. We don’t know what we’re getting from one half to the next let alone each game at the moment, but please play Nelson and Cash together in a back four, stick Bradley on the bench to come on in the closing minutes to protect a nice 2-0 lead and work out what you want from NML.
    Can't disagree with any of this, I'd have a back 4 of Sibley Cashin Nelson Smith, given Nyambe is apparently injured and I don't think Wilson is good defensively and Cash is wasted at LB. Plus as you have pointed out Sibs and Smith played perfectly well in those positions last season.

I'm hoping for a 2-0. with CBT and Gayle finally clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Can't disagree with any of this, I'd have a back 4 of Sibley Cashin Nelson Smith, given Nyambe is apparently injured and I don't think Wilson is good defensively and Cash is wasted at LB. Plus as you have pointed out Sibs and Smith played perfectly well in those positions last season.

I'm hoping for a 2-0. with CBT and Gayle finally clicking.
    I’m going for a lie down!

Well there's an invitation I don't hear often...

Solid win but Bolton et al all won so no change. Gayle scored so thats his duck broken. Let's hope we've not blown it with our last 2 dismal performances🫰🫰

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)