+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick Thistle (A) March 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Kdyteejay2 View Post
    I would swap Grimshaw and Thomson. Thomson played very well in midfield when he was at Montrose.

Yup, Grimshaw back in to right back, best defence in the league all season with him there

One of Tillson/Thomson/Mochrie beside Sibbald

Agree on Cudjoe, let's be honest it's more a damning indictment on the players in the team and the style of football rather than any positive contribution that Cudjoe can bring. More often than not a run ends with him down a dead end, a sclaffed pass or a miscontrol than any telling contribution. The reality is our other "attacking" players are capable of more, if used properly and given the right kick up the a**e.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdyteejay2 View Post
    I would swap Grimshaw and Thomson. Thomson played very well in midfield when he was at Montrose.
    Great point. Let's stabilise the back line, and play MT next to Sibbs . He's mobile, can read a tackle, and likes to push forward. I thought he was one of our plus points on Tuesday . Defensive positioning ? Wee bit like KF.

Unless , The Invicibles are all fit and ready to rumble.

I don't think he would be any worse than the other options available.

As angry as we are about recent performances, we are going to have to just move on from what has gone on over the past few games and get behind the team. This is made extra hard as we all did this at the end of last season and we didn't get the response that we needed from the players. We are still sitting top of the league and we need to get it won by hook or by crook. Time for unity from the fans and we can carry out an autopsy when the time is right. As unpalatable as it may seem...we are just gonna have to get on with it with the players and manager that we have. The fans have been incredible all season, and although many are on the verge....I think we have to have a show of unity. Believe me...there are many players I would love to boot in the baws....but now isn't the time. We should never have been in this position with the squad that we have...but we need to see this season out. It's the club that we are supporting..not the players...not the owner...not the manager.....it's OUR club!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    As angry as we are about recent performances, we are going to have to just move on from what has gone on over the past few games and get behind the team. This is made extra hard as we all did this at the end of last season and we didn't get the response that we needed from the players. We are still sitting top of the league and we need to get it won by hook or by crook. Time for unity from the fans and we can carry out an autopsy when the time is right. As unpalatable as it may seem...we are just gonna have to get on with it with the players and manager that we have. The fans have been incredible all season, and although many are on the verge....I think we have to have a show of unity. Believe me...there are many players I would love to boot in the baws....but now isn't the time. We should never have been in this position with the squad that we have...but we need to see this season out. It's the club that we are supporting..not the players...not the owner...not the manager.....it's OUR club!
    Great post weegie, you're right though it's f*cking hard!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I have to say thou I found the scapegoating and online abuse that a couple of our young players got after Tuesday a bit distasteful.

I'm beyond predicting a lineup or even hoping for my preferred lineup. Because I have come to realise that Goodwin has gone Tombola and thinks a weakened 11 is necessary in every game in this busy period.
    Like all Arabs I'm seriously massively pissed off with it.

But, Weegie nailed it, we have to support the Club we all love, and that means supporting the players in the shirt. We have to stick together and hope to hell that Goodwin and this group of players can get it over the line.

Hopefully he goes back to basics, to the lineup desire and good habits that we were working for us at the beginning of the season. Big pressure on everyone, especially if Raith win tonight, so get the finger out lads and leave Glasgow with all three points.

Mood tomorrow if going to depend a lot on tonight’s match

If we lose v Patrick and Morton we could be 6 points behind Raith

Come on Arbroath tonight. Time for agent Mcintryre to do us a turn

I think it's obvious , this team/club are being massively supported at the moment for the league we are in. Season tickets, gate tickets, merch etc...

I know it's not nice to hear booing (don't do it misel) and some OTT forum posts , but ...if you pay your hard earned cash, and are frustrated and need to vent, I have no problem with that.

If we all just bent over and........ (och yi ken) we would end up just closing our eyes, gritting our teeth , and clapping forever more. (some actually do)

Tell it like it iz.... don't be too cruel...

Pretty much everyone agrees that if you let Partick settle and play their football they can be effective.

If we let them do that I for one will be raging. Absolutely raging.
    We need to get at them from the first whistle, press them, harry them, look for turnovers and turn attacks into goals. (That's plural Jim. Goals = more than one)

Do that and we will win but if we fail to do it, stand off them, admire them, and lose, there's going to be a massive meltdown which doesn't bear thinking about.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)