+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick Thistle (A) March 2024

I'd go (our strongest xi)
    Walton
    Grimshaw Gallagher Holt McMann
    Docherty Sibbald
    Kai Watt Middleton
    Moult

However the itk are saying
    Walton
    Thomson Gallagher Holt McMann
    Kai Docherty Sibbald Middleton
    Grieve Moult

Should be strong enough to get a decent result, Thistle are good going forward but vulnerable at the back, can't see us not scoring

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I'd go (our strongest xi)
    Walton
    Grimshaw Gallagher Holt McMann
    Docherty Sibbald
    Kai Watt Middleton
    Moult

However the itk are saying
    Walton
    Thomson Gallagher Holt McMann
    Kai Docherty Sibbald Middleton
    Grieve Moult

Should be strong enough to get a decent result, Thistle are good going forward but vulnerable at the back, can't see us not scoring
    In the knows have it but can you see them line up like that? Expect that JG sticks to his norm and pus 3 across just behind Moult.

I really don't rate Grieve, although he was far from the worst player in midweek, low bar admittedly, but even that pudding zak rudden has chipped in with goals for Raith since joining them.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I really don't rate Grieve, although he was far from the worst player in midweek, low bar admittedly, but even that pudding zak rudden has chipped in with goals for Raith since joining them.
    He must be using Grieve in the Watt role in behind Moult. Would rather see Meekison used there,he is after all our player not a loaner. My worry today is that Graham targets young Thomson the way he targeted Denham in the league cup tie at Tannadice.
    Good to see Docherty back which allows Sibbald a bit more freedom though it will be a doubt that he lasts the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by southwestarab View Post
    He must be using Grieve in the Watt role in behind Moult. Would rather see Meekison used there,he is after all our player not a loaner. My worry today is that Graham targets young Thomson the way he targeted Denham in the league cup tie at Tannadice.
    Good to see Docherty back which allows Sibbald a bit more freedom though it will be a doubt that he lasts the whole game.
    I totally agree, I hope I'm wrong but I haven't seen anything so far from Grieve to suggest he's worthy of a starting slot. I don't have a clue why he never gives Meekison the chance to play in that role, in my opinion he's the best footballer at the club that's equipped to play that role. I would almost guarantee you that when the subbies are made Watt comes on before Meekison who will only get on the last 20 at the most and only if we are really chasing the game and needing a goal.

Fuc*** unbelievable

It's gonna be a long day!

The earlier the goal the better, allows Goodwin to try various formations to ask questions of Thistle...............

How often do we lose the first goal these days.

it must be about 2 months since we last scored first

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)