+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Miles

Mark Miles

It’s been reported that Mr Miles will be kept on and doing the day to day running of the club , under Patels instructions of course..what’s people’s thoughts on this as he has been heavily criticised in the past. I’m not sure to be honest. What you think folks?

Not worried. If he doesn’t do a good enough job I’m sure he’ll be on his bike. What knowledge are negative views based on anyway? How much do we really know these people or how good they are at what they do? Shilen will have more idea.
    Last edited by boingy; 29-02-2024 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Not worried. If he doesn’t do a good enough job I’m sure he’ll be on his bike. What knowledge are negative views based on anyway? How much do we really know these people or how good they are at what they do? Shilen will have more idea.
    IMO he hasn’t done a bad job under the circumstances, kept us afloat and got some good signings in.

I’m divided over this.

I like Shilan’s sense of loyalty to existing staff but I’m unsure about keeping Miles from a point of view of whether he’s the dynamic personality needed to drive us behind the scenes.

If it was my £60m acquisition I’d want to be up to my elbows in stuff on a daily basis.

Lai was a p rick but in his defence he didn’t buy Grant, Grady, Dike or Zohorse - 45 million approx for absolute bollox. Lai didn’t negotiate long/pricey contracts either with Reach etc!

If I was the new owner I would clear the Board and be very much hands on and appoint a director of recruitment without a white f uckin stick and white coat.

Goodbye Miles!

I think Patel is a shrewd businessman and therefore won't make any changes until he has his feet under the table and has got a far better feel and understanding of the operation and of individuals. He said as much in his interview when he spoke of his need to be very close to things early on but also of his desire to build a team with excellence. He hasn't shed loads of money to spend and so is realistic in regards to the continuing financial restraints the club faces in order for it to once more become financially sustainable but this means that he and the team must make the best decisions across all areas in order to both make the best of what we already have and explore new opportunities.

He seems to have a welcoming holistic approach that matches the "family" ethos of the club and will not micro-manage but I do not think that those who do not perform or buy into his vision for the club will last too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    I think Patel is a shrewd businessman and therefore won't make any changes until he has his feet under the table and has got a far better feel and understanding of the operation and of individuals. He said as much in his interview when he spoke of his need to be very close to things early on but also of his desire to build a team with excellence. He hasn't shed loads of money to spend and so is realistic in regards to the continuing financial restraints the club faces in order for it to once more become financially sustainable but this means that he and the team must make the best decisions across all areas in order to both make the best of what we already have and explore new opportunities.

He seems to have a welcoming holistic approach that matches the "family" ethos of the club and will not micro-manage but I do not think that those who do not perform or buy into his vision for the club will last too long.

I am sure you’re right Omeg. I am sure a drawing of Asante at 300K and Grant at 15 million and Grady at 15 million won’t be required. Ironically Asante is better than both so what does that tell Mr Patel?

Corberan on Miles:

Corberan said, ahead of Albion's welcoming of Coventry City on Friday night (KO 8pm). "I need to talk very, very positively about Mark, because how he has helped my job in the limitations has been massive. In every moment he has allowed me to distract myself.

Corberan on Miles:

Corberan said, ahead of Albion's welcoming of Coventry City on Friday night (KO 8pm). "I need to talk very, very positively about Mark, because how he has helped my job in the limitations has been massive. In every moment he has allowed me to distract myself.
    Well boingy while this baggies board on footymad will take Carlos's view into consideration, it won't carry much weight as we are much better informed as to just how good this Mark chap is....if indeed that is his real name..

Corberan on Miles:

It’s obvious why he said that about the CEO as would any manager.

I remember the manager at mighty Port Vale saying and I quote:

DARREN MOORE RAVES ABOUT WEST BROM’S TYRONE MEARS

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)