+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leap Year Quiz

Leap Year Quiz

When was the last time Burnley scored a League goal on February 29? What Division were we in? What was the ground and who scored for Burnley? What unusual incident brought play to a temporary halt in the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    When was the last time Burnley scored a League goal on February 29? What Division were we in? What was the ground and who scored for Burnley? What unusual incident brought play to a temporary halt in the second half?
    I am failry certain that I know the answer to this but I shall not spoil the fun ---although it certainly was not funny being a Burnley fan that day because the opposition fans turned very nasty!

With supersubs clue I suspect a certain welsh club with a bad reputation for coin throwing. Which would make it Div 4, Burnley winning 2-0 but I don't know who scored.
    Last edited by kritichris; 29-02-2024 at 06:09 PM.

Supersub I am sure you had the right club in mind and kc has nailed the division and score correctly. I have been to this city but never to the football ground. It was a very good season for Burnley so I thought someone on the board would have gone to the game. Any ideas as to why the game was stopped briefly during the second half?

Yes, it was at Ninian Park in 1992 and we won 2-0 with goals from Randall in the 85th minute and Conroy in the 89th minute.
    The game was held up briefly in the second half by a dog running around. The Cardiff fans turned nasty when we scored and were throwing stones and bricks and the poice kept our fans in the ground for about 30 minutes after the match. There was still trouble after that though with vehicles being damaged.
    I was lucky because I was in the stand with a friend who was in the RAF Football Association and I was his guest.

We finished as 4th division champions that season and were promoted into Division Two because the Premier League reared its ugly head in 1992.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)